Easy way to change from pin lock to ball lock connector?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duganderson

Reaction score
Is there an easy/quick way to change the connection from my CO2 tank from ball lock to pin lock and pin lock to ball lock? Any pictures appreciated?

I'm considering buying pin lock kegs but want to still use my ball lock connection for my carbonator cap.

Thanks

Just have all your fittings flare. Get the mfl QD instead of barb QD and you can swap it out easy. Everything of mine is flare for that reason

You can also buy adapters to convert from pin lock to ball lock. They go on the posts of the keg

I am transitioning to using John Guest fittings (push-to-connect) for both beerline and gas line. US Plastics has a 1/4'' flare to 3/8" OD tubing connector, so I use that on my QD's, and I can just push the collar to change the fitting, rather than using a wrench.

I am also working to transition my manifolds to use the same type of fitting so that eventually all my connections will use the John Guest fitting to make changing things and moving things around easier and I don't have to worry about clamps (except for check valves on the gas line).

Back