Organizing recipes in Beersmith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

friscobrewer

Reaction score
Any recommendations for organizing recipes in Beersmith. If you brew a beer often do you have to rename the recipe each time to save a copy of that brew sesion?

Any recommendations for organizing recipes in Beersmith. If you brew a beer often do you have to rename the recipe each time to save a copy of that brew sesion?

I just use the "copy to brewlog" option every time I brew a recipe, and note any changes made. That way you build a chronological log of all your brewing sessions, along with notes specific to that day. The base recipes remain unchanged in their original folder.

I copy each recipe to the brewlog like BlindLemonLars, but at the end of the year I also rename the folder to include the year. Like "Brew Log - 2007"

How do you set it such that when you move them to the brew log it deducts from your ingredient inventory?

How do you set it such that when you move them to the brew log it deducts from your ingredient inventory?

When you brew the recipe, you just click "remove from inventory" on the taskbar. It doesn't matter if you move it to the brew log or not. You'll have to do both to get both done.

When you brew the recipe, you just click "remove from inventory" on the taskbar. It doesn't matter if you move it to the brew log or not. You'll have to do both to get both done.
Thanks Yooper! I guess you can stay around her for a while longer :tank:

Back