Cheapest AG Vendor...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgo737

Reaction score
is far and away Brewmasters Warehouse. It has Midwest Supplies cost per pound of grain, with Northern Brewer flat rate shipping (actually 1 dollar cheaper). Best of both worlds...

And no, I am not affiliated with Brewmaster Warehouse in any way. I purchased a Barley Crusher last week from them when they had the free shipping offer, was pleased with the transaction, and decided to compare the costs to other sites...

I purchased about 20 types of malt and 100+ pounds from BMW for this reason. He runs a tight ship, and the packaging is a thing of beauty.

+2

:rockin:Before I even opened the post, I was formulating my reply. Hell, Ed's Haus Ale AG recipe from Brewmasters Warehouse costs like $1.80, nah like eighteen bucks.

Prices like this sometimes make me wonder why I'm buying bulk? OK not really, but you get the idea. I also love the recipe calculator...I use that often.

+2:rockin:

I agree with all of the above... although i guess i missed the free shipping when i ordered my barley crusher from them two weeks ago, i ordered it at 2pm on a tuesday and it was on my doorstep at 11am wednesday. i was amazed with that turnaround for the flat-rate shipping option, especially since other sites i checked wouldn't let you use the flat-rate shipping on large items like that.

I just let Ed do my crushing. I get very good efficiency with their crush.

Since I order each month, the crushed grain gets used within two weeks, so storage is not an issue.

Not to mention Ed ships out orders like they are on fire. My order on Thursday shipped same day and arrived on Saturday!

Not to mention Ed ships out orders like they are on fire. My order on Thursday shipped same day and arrived on Saturday!

Brrman, are you the one that wants to stop in for a brew session?

:off:

My in-laws up in SC got 2 AG orders from BMW at excellent prices (and extremely fast shipping). :mug:

Another brewer echoing all the great things posted about BMW. I love the cheap shipping, quick turn time and the crush is getting me 77-78% eff as well. I also love the sealed grain packaging. Great operation IMO.

I appreciate all of the great comments. Certainly makes all of the hard work worth it, when you hear things like this. Thank you everyone for the nice comments and your support.

Ed

ok, I guess I'm placing my next order with you guys. You seem to have a better price and you have wyeast 3763 and 2278, which is all that is on my list of needed stuff right now. Well aside from 6pounds of hops ;)

Question though, do you have BoPils? I can't find it.

I sell it now. You can order base malts in full sacks. There is no price difference for the grains. There is also NO price difference in the shipping. Just order the amount of grain to equal a full sack and that is what we will ship you. All of the base malts have the sack size listed for your convience.

is far and away Brewmasters Warehouse. It has Midwest Supplies cost per pound of grain, with Northern Brewer flat rate shipping (actually 1 dollar cheaper). Best of both worlds...

And no, I am not affiliated with Brewmaster Warehouse in any way. I purchased a Barley Crusher last week from them when they had the free shipping offer, was pleased with the transaction, and decided to compare the costs to other sites...

Very cool. I'd never heard of these guys before. Just placed an order for 50 lb of 2-Row. $1.15 per lb and only **6.99** shipping. The entire order, including shipping, is 15% cheaper than buying from my local home brew store. (And I get to try out my new, shiny grain mill. Fantastic.) If this arrives fairly timely I'll be buying all of my stuff from here from now on. Thanks for sharing.

I also ordered today, I have to say I was blown away by the shipping price as well. 100lbs of malt and a Barley crusher to replace my struggling Corona....today was a good day.

Even without a "discounted" bulk price... the regular price and shipping is awesome. I did the same, and threw in the BC for good measure. This "Ed" guy is 'aight.

Very cool. I'd never heard of these guys before. Just placed an order for 50 lb of 2-Row. $1.15 per lb and only **6.99** shipping. The entire order, including shipping, is 15% cheaper than buying from my local home brew store. (And I get to try out my new, shiny grain mill. Fantastic.) If this arrives fairly timely I'll be buying all of my stuff from here from now on. Thanks for sharing.

I can't speak for Ed, (he might need a night off), but i suspect you'll be impressed by the speed.

Oh, and to the OP, i'd like to say i told you so, but I wont. i just knew that Ed would take care of you.

I guess I'll join the chorus:

Fast Shipping
Dern competitive prices
Stuff is packed up right
Yeast is chilled like its supposed to be.
Easy navigation on the website

The kicker is Ed is a hell of a good guy.

I was going to order a couple of recipes from them last week, but I got an itch and went down to my LHBS to pick up some Haus Pale Ale ingredients. It cost $29 total. Compared to $18 from them.

Next time I'm just going to wait a day or so....Seems like unbeatable prices and service.

There is no price difference for the grains.

Yeah I just realized that after shipping, the price is pretty damn good. B3 had 55 lb bags of 2-row for like $32ish...but I didn't even think to check shipping. Oops! (fwiw shipping was about the same as the grain).

About to place an order with them, does the recipe kit grains come crushed?

I crush all grains by default. There is a link at the checkout to email me if you want your grains uncrushed. You can also PM me here if you do not want your grains crushed.

Thanks,

Ed

And since you all love BrewMaster's Warehouse so much... can you go to the policy page on his website, scroll allllllll the way down and sign the petition so that I do not have to order my supplies from elsewhere and I can support MY LHBS...

Apparently metro atlanta (population 5.2 million in the area) and Cobb County population 680,000 is unable to support two homebrew shops.

There are other threads on this. Yes, there are many factors.

I just feel like signing the petition might eventually show the various forces and people involved that Ed is intent on providing a great service to a wide body of interested people and should not be restricted from opening his doors locally to those interested.

So if you order, will you think about signing for those of us in Georgia? If not, its all good. I don't think anyone wants to fight or bicker... after all, BrewMaster's Warehouse is not going anywhere. Obviously they are doing great. And we love them.

Silly question, but does BMW sell fermcap-s or other foam control? I don't see it anywhere on your site.

I'm looking for a bazooka screen (you have it), a recipe or two, and foam control drops.

So far I cant find a site that sells both in the same place... weird.

i'm sure Ed will be along to answer this, but i think i remember seeing in another thread that he has ordered them and should get them in soon (again, i think). He is working on several revisions and upgrades to his site and should take them live soon, but until then do what you did and ask.

I couldn't find biscuit malt last night because i only tried 'searching' for it. A quick email to ed and i was back in business.

Silly question, but does BMW sell fermcap-s or other foam control? I don't see it anywhere on your site.

I'm looking for a bazooka screen (you have it), a recipe or two, and foam control drops.

So far I cant find a site that sells both in the same place... weird.

We do sell some anti foam, that should come in today. If it does (I say if because it has been out of stock so many times) then I will put in back on the website. I also have some FermCap S on order and should be ready for the website sometime this weekend.

He is working on several revisions and upgrades to his site and should take them live soon, but until then do what you did and ask.

As Donner has said, please just ask me any questions you have. You can email me, [email protected], PM me, or call. Everything comes back to me and my blackberry, so if I am awake I will answer your email, calls, or PMs.

Disclosure: If you get a response late at night it may or may not be coherant. This is especially true on the weekends. :drunk:

I just priced out my next recipe, and the prices look very good. One question though, I'm not quite ready to brew yet, is there a way to save the custom recipe for when I'm ready? Or will I need to assemble the recipe again later? I created an account and logged in, but didn't see a wish list or anything.

For the short term you should just be able to leave it in the shopping cart after you click "buy this beer". It's imperfect but it will work

Thats cool. Thanks for the quick replies. I really appreciate knowing that my hard earned cash goes into the hands of an honest community supporter that knows what real values are, and truly understands his customers. Keep up the good work.

Well, I am going to have to go against the grain here and call "BS" on Brewmaster's! I know every time I order something, Ed himself pack my stuff with some special "super static-charged peanuts from hell" knowing I am going to have those damn things stuck to my cubicle walls, filing cabinets, inside my pant legs.....freakin' everywhere..... And laughs like hell the whole time! You are an evil man Ed! :D

Honestly, and all BS aside, I do order everything I can from Brewmaster's for two or three reasons.
1) I have chatted and spoken with Ed on several occasions. he is committed to his customers and is a great guy.
2) He will bend over backwards to make sure you get what you need.
3) If I order by early afternoon, my stuff is in my hands the following day. (I know this is geographical, but is great regardless)
4) Ed is "one of us" here on HBT and sort of has his hands on the pulse so to speak.

I would like to make a request for the BMW site. I order a lot by sight. It would be a huge benefit if you would include thumbnails and/or pics for your products..... and a little more information if possible, or at least where applicable. For example, I want to order some 5/16" ID hose for my co2, and I would like red hose designed for co2. However, the site only says '5/16" tubing', so I can't tell if I will get 5/16" clear vinyl or red gas hose or what...

Back