DIN Rail control panel users, let's see em!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NinjaJoe

Reaction score
I'm planning on rewiring my control panel and I'm hoping to clean it up a bit, so I'm interested in seeing any pictures of your control panels that use DIN Rails.

Anyone?

Post #503 -The tapped holes are for two more contactors. Of course it isn't wired up yet, but that is simply because I am wrapping up painting on the control box first.

I have a din rail running through the middle of my panel, with non din rail items on the sides of it.

IMG_0140.JPG

I'm planning on rewiring my control panel and I'm hoping to clean it up a bit, so I'm interested in seeing any pictures of your control panels that use DIN Rails.

Anyone?
My brewing assistant, nothing special.
Gas fired brewery;)

100_1596.jpg

Brewing_Brain2.jpg

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Thanks for starting this thread! I've been curious about a couple of different items regarding these DIN rail mounted components.

The terminal blocks. How do those work when ganged together? Can they be used to distribute power? Or don't they work that way? I'm looking at power distribution blocks and those are kind of pricey. If these terminal blocks can be used to distribute power in my control panel then I'd rather go with that.

Two thumbs up on this thread. Since I am going to be building soon enough I have been looking for inspiration and ideas to "borrow" for my panel. I am pretty sure I want actual temp and target temp stacked one on top of the other. Then a pilot lite if that circuit is active and a burner on lite. I would like to include a timer that goes both ways and can signal when it is time to do something different like move wort, or initiate sparging or drain of Vorlauf. Lots of different possibilities just dont need it too complex and definately not usefull if it is too primitive, Keep the pics coming please. Thanks!!!!
Stuck in the wheelchair Bob

Here's the start of mine. Still have to add the ground bus.

Terminal strips, ssrs, fuses, & breakers are the only things on DIN rail and the rest is screwed to the backboard.

0222122223a.jpg

Thanks for starting this thread! I've been curious about a couple of different items regarding these DIN rail mounted components.

The terminal blocks. How do those work when ganged together? Can they be used to distribute power? Or don't they work that way? I'm looking at power distribution blocks and those are kind of pricey. If these terminal blocks can be used to distribute power in my control panel then I'd rather go with that.

I use terminal blocks to distribute power. If you put them next to each other without the jumper rail on top they are insulated from one another, but once you put the jumper rail on top (screws into them) they become power distribution.

Din rail/terminal blocks + zip ties = a clean wiring job...

How do those work when ganged together? Can they be used to distribute power?
The terminal blocks come in different ampere ratings, 10A,20A, etc. and use jumpers to make power distribution blocks.

In this picture you can see two 75A DIN terminal blocks,bottom left.

Panel4-1.jpg

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Planning my next panel right now. Most items will be DIN rail mounted. I've been ordering and stocking and planning. But after building a few panels, I've definitely decided I like things mounted on the DIN rail. I will be posting a thread on this in 2-3 weeks.

I've been teaching myself Ladder Logic Programming for using PLC's and my project box for this was DIN rail components so that I could dynamically add and subtract items for experimentation. Even the PLC itself is DIN mounted.

I know its UGLY, but its a project box. Always changing and playing.

100_0162.jpg

100_0163.jpg

Back