What's a good 1st AG batch recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beavdowg

Reaction score
I'm going to be gearing up for my 1st AG batch pretty soon here as I was given a 10 gal cooler for Father's Day. Once I convert it with a manifold and ball valve I'm going to take the plunge.

I'm looking for a good fairly easy AG recipe for my first batch. I'm thinking a summer beer, kind of a Pale Ale, light amber ale -ish style.

Anyone have any great ideas, recipes they'd be willing to share.

Keep it simple, have a home brew and enjoy your self.

Be prepared, its a BLAST!

David

You can try Biermuncher's "Centennial Blonde". I made it as a partial mash and it was great, now I'm going to get all the ingredients for my first all-grain. If you keg you can go from grain to glass in 2 weeks.

I went with EdWorts Haus Pale Ale as well as I love the cascade and it seemed to be simple. It's still conditioning in the bottle so I don't know the results yet.

Even though the whole process is carefully laid out by Ed I still did not hit my numbers but I'm not worried about it. :mug:

alot of people do EdWorts Haus Pale Ale. i am about to do my first and this is what i chose. it looks really simple

I did EdWort's Pale. I totally missed my gravity (came out 1.043 or so instead of 1.052), but it smells good, and I'm sure it'll taste great.

Yeah I recommend the centennial recipe. it's a quicker beer, cheap, and it's a great summer brew. Plan on getting another batch of it going after this one :)

I did the Centennial Blonde recently and was amazed at how fast it went. I really need to make more, but the comps are having me make other stuff. The Centennial is easy and fast. Ed's House Pale looks very good too, and pretty simple. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Mac and jacks!! follow the BYO 150 mag clone (it even has easy step by step instruction) This was my first grain batch, and it is now on tap ALL the time at my house! (year round)!

Mutilated - That was pretty cool and the first I have seen, you got a link for a tutorial on how to do that?

Mutilated - That was pretty cool and the first I have seen, you got a link for a tutorial on how to do that?

Just go to Let me google that for you and type it in, it will give you the address to give to other people.

Whatever you make, buy some extra grain, because your efficiency is going to SUCK the first time. I did my first AG using a converted cooler with a copper manifold, and I missed my gravity by like 6 points, and I was planning on 65-70% efficiency.

Back