What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I know! I wanted to start sweet and my availability is a bit limited as I live in the middle of a state with very restrictive alcohol laws. I'll keep my eyes out for your suggestions!:mug:

Mine is limited too. Bonn is coming in soon and we just got rodenbach so its getting better!

Aargh. Must. Stop. Trading. Must resist Oskar Blues for Cali wilds!!!

Haha. I know what you mean. I just finished up a trade that should be here Monday. They are easy, and addicting. Its hard when I find beers that I cant find locally that I like more that what I have access to.

Next up.....Drakes Black Robusto Porter. Incredible nose, great mouthfeel, but a weird taste on the finish. Not sure what it is. Still very drinkable.

image-2677084439.jpg

NIZZLE said:
Way more hair especially on my........ Never mind :ban: did you get your domain name figured out? o_O

I did. He had a coupon code that I'll save me a few bucks which is always a good thing. Thanks!

image-2656562655.jpg

One BdC before bed. Went out for family dinner at a country store with live country music after a big hike today and ate stuff I usually do not. I don't think mixing brett with fried baloney and chili cheese fries is wise, so I'm one and done tonight. ;)

image-1992783906.jpg

Won't bore you guys with too many bad pics, but it was a nice day and the 2500' vertical in under 2 miles made me feel ok about junk food for dinner.

Hello said:
Never had it and it's delicious! Anyone have a rec for a craft beer store in downtown Chicago?

Armanettis, at western and grand. Or Binny's. What part of the city do you live in?

Real Ale pint night tonight. $3 pints and you keep the glass. Why not.

The Sword/Iron swan. I like it. Nice malt, very drinkable

image-3794593947.jpg

Do it!!!!! And hey what do you think about FFF is it actually worth driving there? ( The fiancee wants to go there instead of GR)

When my buddy stopped a few months ago I think the only bottles were Robert the Bruce or something equally underwhelming. The hype to quality ratio is pretty far out of whack with them. You'd have to go to heart of Chicago, but Half Acre would be well worth the stop. I don't know about these days, but Flossmoor Station is south of Chicago and used to be excellent.

Do it!!!!! And hey what do you think about FFF is it actually worth driving there? ( The fiancee wants to go there instead of GR)

IMHO I would go to FFF if you never been because you can come to gr anytime ;-) but on that same note gr has more breweries in a shorter distance just saying!

When my buddy stopped a few months ago I think the only bottles were Robert the Bruce or something equally underwhelming. The hype to quality ratio is pretty far out of whack with them. You'd have to go to heart of Chicago, but Half Acre would be well worth the stop. I don't know about these days, but Flossmoor Station is south of Chicago and used to be excellent.

Rignt now on tap they have a colab with Half Acre, Drradnaught and have Zombie Dustand permanant Funeral in bottles along with those others

IMHO I would go to FFF if you never been because you can come to gr anytime ;-) but on that same note gr has more breweries in a shorter distance just saying!

Thays what shes trying to sell lol. " FFF has sh*t for both of us, IPAs and stouts".(She wants the Moloko stout)

Thays what shes trying to sell lol. " FFF has sh*t for both of us, IPAs and stouts".(She wants the Moloko stout)

If you do end up in Chicago hit up West Lakeview Liquors on Addison just east of Western. Then hit Bottles and Cans on Lincoln just north of Irving Park. Oh, and Half Acre is two blocks from bottles and cans...

Austin Beerworks Wet Hop IPA. Couldn't find much info on what hops they used (jack on their website) but it's citrusy and dank. Burps taste like I stuck my face in a freshly opened bag of hops.

Back