Finally, some GOOD brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer_Guy

Reaction score
I started brewing in January of this year and after 10 months I had NOTHING I was proud of, until now.

Friday our brew club had their Christmas Party and I took along 4 different brews. Every one of them got good comments.

My Raspberry Wheat was a BIG hit with the ladies. (It has a very mild Raspberry flavor, BTW.)

The Robust Honey Barrel Porter has aged really well and was well received. (It does need a few more months to age and smooth out the Oak. But still, a very complex flavor profile comes through.)

My Michelob Dark Clone got a “Very Michelobish” comment. As soon as I heard that I took a sip. Wow, it is!!! (Michelob Dark was available during the mid 80’s and was our favorite at the time.) (Try doing that from memory after 25+ years.)

My simple Brown Ale also got several nice complements.

I came away with a puffed up ego and a renewed vigor to brew more.

I just wanted to share this to let any new brewers know, NEVER GIVE UP.

Michelob Dark, that's awesome. That used to be my beer of choice back in the 80's. We had a 5.5% alcohol cap and strict container laws so that was about as bold of a beer you could get. Pete's Wicked Ale was one of the first micro's to make it to my market.

Back