idea for force carbination...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xunedeinx

Reaction score
Was brainstorming because of the thread below this, and the post i made in my thread...

When i was younger, me and my friends used to play around with dry ice.. We would take a small chunk and drop it in our drinks and it would fizz...

But, the cool thing was, other then making it cold, when the dry ice was gone, the drink would be carbonated!

I found that out because i dropped some in some fruit punch, and i let it sit, then went to drink it, and it was all fizzy, and there was no CO2 left...

So, if you take a moderatly small chunk of dry ice, drop it in the bottle, and cap it, technically it should hold in the CO2 while the dry ice dissapates.

But, too much and itll blow, and too little and it wont be fizzy enough...

Just some food for thought, being dry ice is fricking cheap and all.

It's been discussed a lot. No one seems crazy enough to chance losing a bottle of homebrew.:D

Now for something completely different.
I use a Tap-A-Draft to carbonate small batches of cider and mead. Instead of the six liter blue bottles I use three liter soda bottles that some discount brands come in. This way there is enough co2 left to dispense the batch.

Back