Need a quick answer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButchTN

Reaction score
Sorry gents I need a quick answer because I have all my stuff sanatized to keg right now and I pulled a noob move and didnt take a gravity until I did all the cleaning work.

I brewed an BB American Brown Ale kit on 11-14-8. We used a White labs yeast and I made a starter a few days earlier. It only fermented (bubbled) in my airlock for maybe 24 hours. Original grav was on the money at 1.06, but my final grav, I just took, is 1.023 and should be between 1.01-1.016.

I've never had a batch not be between the numbers on the final grav before kegging or bottling. What's my next step? More time or keg it?

Thanks

Well, you could just keg it... it wont hurt.

Keep the keg at a nice warm temp... and the rousing of the yeast from the transfer will convince them to finish, if they need to.

Was this AG or extract?

Pull the pressure relief once a day and see if it is active, of not, well, it is kegged.

Sorry I should have added that I was going to use the priming sugar in this keg and not force carb it. This will be my first time doing it this way as well.

Thanks so much for the quick response

Back