Hello from Alaska

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kershner_Ale

Reaction score
Greetings from Anchorage, AK! The days are getting pretty short in the northern latitudes and I figured, why not try my hand at brewing this winter.... Afterall, the best way to pass those winter blues is to stay busy. Hope to have my first batch in the fermenter in a couple days. Thanks to all who have posted helpful advice on this forum.

Cheers,

Jeff

Hey Jeff. Welcome. This website rocks. If you are interested in brewing, boobs and good friends, this is the site for you.

Welcome to Homebrewtalk. There are a few AK guys and gals here at HBT. I used to live on the Kenai Peninsula.

Hi Jeff:

Im out in Palmer and just bottled a batch of Irish Stout and have a nutmeg ale concoction in the primary, it smells like banana bread at this point. Ever heard of Banana beer? Neither have I.

Lew

Hi Jeff, I'm in Anchorage also, and have been brewing all grain for four years. This is a great place to learn about brewing, as I'm sure you're finding out, - lots of experience to "tap" into. Nice to see someone else from Anchorage here.

Back