Fall SEWAGE Brewers get together?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sause

Steel Comma Ale & Lagery
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm wondering when the next SEWAGE meeting is going to be. I'm thinking this time might be a good one to actually brew together. Possibly late Sept. it wouldn't be to cool and is far enough off to plan for. Or a get together somewhere outside of Mil. to share and drink a few? We all know that Pumbaa loves giving away his cider.;) This is open to discussion comma so speak up all from the great state of Wisconsin and Yoopers.

I'll certainly be there, got the tickets about a month ago.
I might have something in the competition, not sure yet.

WHile you're there go to the open house at DP Wigley/Hop to It, the lhbs a few blocks away. It's interesting to see all thsoe homebrew supplies in a 100+ year old mill, virtually unrestored.
http://www.dpwigley.com/

Would there be interest in an Admiral's game sometime during fall/winter?

Oh, and I'd be all in favor of a group brew. I need to soak up some knowledge, I'd like to see an AG session so I know what the hell I'm trying to do when I graduate to it.

I'm up for trying to be a part of whatever you guys plan. I'm really busy in the fall (son plays football, etc) but I can do my best to make it.

I'm always happy to go to an Admirals game.

I won't be able to brew in a get together, but I'd love to watch, learn, and critique. (And drink your homebrew).

Hmm I'm in for a brew session! I'd love to host one , but I don't even have SWMBO's honey-do list even started yet (getting me away from the TV during Brewer time is IMPOSSIBLE and she gave up on that idea years ago:eek: ) but I'd gladly brew somehwere. In fact I NEED to- my cornies are woefully low!:(

Ok comma so Dude is going to be in town close to Thanksgiving. I will say it right now that we are having one then. In the mean time anyone for nice brewery tour and badger/packer game before that?

sause said:
Ok comma so Dude is going to be in town close to Thanksgiving. I will say it right now that we are having one then. In the mean time anyone for nice brewery tour and badger/packer game before that?

Uh, how close to Thanksgiving????? That's deer hunting, ya know. Don't fcku with deer hunting.:rockin:

Yooper Chick said:
I might not hunt this year! First time in many, many years. So, I'm up for whatever you guys want to do.

Hmm, Yoops, does this mean that your land in Phelps will be unoccupied this year? Very interesting.........:D

No, that's not what I said! Keep your mitts off!

What I meant was, I mean, well, um, yeah! We bought that cottage on this side of the border, and will probably just hunt in MI because it's cheaper for us! Although my son will do the youth hunt in October on the 80 in Phelps.

Now, Yoops, didn't they teach you about sharing back in kindergarten????:D

Nah, you know I'm just teasing, though, right? Although I'd bet money that if you're not there, SOMEBODY will be trespassing.......(damn fibs:cross: )

Wish I was >.<

I'm SUPPOSED to be on vacation for a bit but the SWMBO is doing her best to keep my busy even after I told her I just need 3 weeks left alone hiding and brewing a batch or 2 . . . .

I did get 38 liters of hard cider bottled . . . think it may be time to start another 5 gallon batch.

My Braggot (which has been aging for about a year) is still hot . . . been meaning to send some to Bernie and Yooper . . . but I'm just not happy with it yet, may send it soon anyway and let them decide. I may be being to critical . . .

I'm atill in the process of moving my entier brewery to the basement . . . I really need to get off my ass and try to get the ventalation system worked up so I can quit hauling it from the basement to the garage. Still havent started building my "less then legal" project yet . . . soon I hope.

I got the first part of my promotional exam taken care of, now just have to find out if I did well enuff to go on to step 2 . . .

Got assigned to a new firehouse . . . It's on the rim of the ******* of Milwaukee (about 27th and Wisconsin) but atleast it's not the far NW side. That should take effect probably December/January-ish . . .

Vanguard: Saga of Heros is eating up the few "down hours" I do get lately. The group (about 200ish people ) I am playing with made me an officer . . . wish they wouldnt have but oh well.

If it wasnt for the bit of gaming I do I think my head would explode

Wolf said:
So, anyone going to the Great Lakes Brew Fest today?

I got a ticket along with my home brew entry. But my GM at work, got fired, so I get to work instead.

Just to rub it in. The Club Vice president where I work was tapping beer there today and said it was sold out. 3400 people. Wow!!:mug:

Wolf hope you had a good time.:tank:

So anything on a winter meet. I should have 4 batches up before christmas. And the wisconsin ranks are growing. :)

I am having some folks over to my place in Tosa this upcoming Sunday (Nov 11th) to watch the Packers game. Wolf will be there (I assume that it is you Eric) as well as a few other folks.

Send me a message if you are interested.

Also, let me know when Dude will be in town, I would love to hookup with him.

Jason

Well I just talked to Eric Wolf who I assumed was Wolf here on this board but it is not. Strange, Eric also lives in Racine and is about the same age. That is what confused me!!!

J

Ok so I'm talking to Short Drive right now. And were thinking about meeting up for a night of drinking. The date right now is Nov. 24. The place is the Von Rothenburg Bier Stube in Germantown. It's a little German Beer hall. Meeting up about 8 o'clock since I work till then. Come up a drink with us if you want. Post here if you are coming.

I make no guarantees. If I haven't shot Bullwinkle by then then I'll not be there. If he is hanging in my garage at that time, then I may be cutting him up. We'll see.

sause said:
Ok so I'm talking to Short Drive right now. And were thinking about meeting up for a night of drinking. The date right now is Nov. 24. The place is the Von Rothenburg Bier Stube in Germantown. It's a little German Beer hall. Meeting up about 8 o'clock since I work till then. Come up a drink with us if you want. Post here if you are coming.

Hey guys, been AWOL for a bit, but it's getting back to brewing weather now, just too much happening in the summer.
The 24th...seems to me I have something going on that day, but I can't think of what it is. I think it's a B-Day party down there in the Flatland. I'll have to check it out with my social director (SWMBO) and get back to you.

Hmm, an Eric Wolf in Racine? Don't know him. I do have a cousin named Eric, but unless he took his Mom's last name recently he's not him. And I think he moved to Door County.

I'll be there. Bernie was in Chat last night said he's going. He sent me a pm of map quest. Not far from Ernie Von Schledorn. Not as far as I thought.

So 4 of us for sure.

First to post about it. Let me say that everyone was cool besides the fact that they made fun of me being so young. It seemed that everyone had a good time. Short Drive had the camera so it's him that will have to post pictures. I'm happy that we were able to get together. Brewmeister Jeff is a very nice guy. Short Drive is a guy who I will want to meet again. And Bernie is an ass like always. ;) Seriously those who can meet him should meet him. I hope to get another get together soon for those around. Maybe the County Claire or Cafe Holander or even back at the Bier Stube. We'll have to get more fair warning of it. I can't wait to try Bernie's beer he gave me to try. Cheer to all local brewers.

sause said:
And Bernie is an ass like always. ;)

Normally I'd get pi$$ed about a comment like that, but the truth can't hurt, right?:)

We all had a lot of fun. I know I did. And the Bier Stub is a great place- I wish there was something like it closer to me. We should definitely do stuff like this more often!

BTW Short Drive and I weren't really making fun of Sause being young, so much as we were whining about what geezers we are!:cross:

We had a great time. Four brewers in a bar with a 3 page beer list. Oh and three columns per page.

Bernie and I started giving Sause crap right off the bat when he showed up wearing this. Miller would be so proud.
5888-Picture14060copy.jpg

Sause plays with Bernies Rochefort 6.
5888-Picture14061copy.jpg

Sause and Brewmeister Jeff.
5888-Picture14062copy.jpg

The four of us out front at closing time.
5888-Picture14063copy.jpg

Sewage Brewers you missed a good time.

Consensual Alien Buttsex Halitosis

Short Drive said:
Bernie and I started giving Sause crap right off the bat when he showed up wearing this. Miller would be so proud.
5888-Picture14060copy.jpg

LOL even the bartender refused to serve him at first with that shirt on!

Good guys to drink with. It was a blast, and I have to say a 3 page 3 column per page beer list was most impressive.

Maybe we should do a BREW DAY for the SEWAGE!!!!!!

I have the space in my backyard. If you want to do it during the winter, I have a garage too. Of Course, I would have to clear it with the SWMBA. My wife didnt like the SWMBO title so I borrowed it from another guy on here, who called his wife She Who Must Be Adored.

We could do it in January.

I would love to have a brew day together. Especially if we can find a Rochefort 6 clone. A Westamale triple clone would be just as good. But I know that Bernie would kill (a deer maybe) for a Rochefort clone.

Hey guys - just found this thread. I'd love to come and watch an AG brew and meet other brewers. Let just anyone attend?

Brewmeister Jeff said:
Good guys to drink with. It was a blast, and I have to say a 3 page 3 column per page beer list was most impressive.

Maybe we should do a BREW DAY for the SEWAGE!!!!!!

I have the space in my backyard. If you want to do it during the winter, I have a garage too. Of Course, I would have to clear it with the SWMBA. My wife didnt like the SWMBO title so I borrowed it from another guy on here, who called his wife She Who Must Be Adored.

We could do it in January.

I'm in!!!!!!!!!

Just a bit confused (happens a lot:eek: ) Would this be where we all get together on one or two brews or we each are brewing something? Doesn't really matter to me either way, just wondering.

Sorry I missed the fun. It seems like every time you guys plan an outing, my family gets sick. All three of us were pretty out of it Saturday.
I would certainly be interested in an AG brew day. I haven't done AG before and would love to see the process first hand.
BTW, I brewed a Westmalle Triple clone from BYO in early spring, guess it's about time to try another bottle.

Back