Broken Spoke Brewery Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrey

Reaction score
Here is my new label.

I wanted to go with something that was black and white so it was printer friendly. Also I tried Gimp with absolutely no success so I went with Scribus instead. Me and my brewing partner are cycling enthusiast so we wanted some sort of bike theme.

Beer_Label.JPG

EDIT: So we have a bunch of crown top bottles that we have drank in preparation of bottle (wow it was grueling work, but worth every second). What is the best way to get the paper and glue off the old bottle so I can get these labels on.

Wrey said:
Here is my new label.

I wanted to go with something that was black and white so it was printer friendly. Also I tried Gimp with absolutely no success so I went with Scribus instead. Me and my brewing partner are cycling enthusiast so we wanted some sort of bike theme.

Beer_Label.JPG

EDIT: So we have a bunch of crown top bottles that we have drank in preparation of bottle (wow it was grueling work, but worth every second). What is the best way to get the paper and glue off the old bottle so I can get these labels on.

I let mine soak in bleach/water for about a week and they come right off, then wash them like norm and you're good to go.
Oxiclean may work and I have heard that Starsan will take them off too. But bleach is cheap and it will kill anything "living" in the bottles.

Nice label! I've had the best luck with a solution of Amonia and warm water. The labels will start to fall off within a 1/2 hour. You'll want to do this in a well ventilated area or outside however. Cheers!

I've heard others rave about Oxy clean and water. I've also had great luck with ammonia and water. Most labels slip right off after a couple hours.

:) I"ve used glue sticks wiith my labels. I just glue the seam. never had a problem; except with water proofing. Working on that, trying hair spray. Still I gotta lot ta learn.
cheers
Jezza

A good soak in hot water makes most labels fall off. A spin in the dishwasher (no rinse agent) cleans any lingering residue on the outside of the bottles. The dishwasher doesn't do much to clean the inside of the bottles, though.

label may look a bit better ifyou had a bikewheel in place of the wagon wheel and maybe and oldtype penny farthing or something. Good ideas keep working on it.

I would bend the "Est. on" and the "Brewed on" text with the curve of the lines.
Your "Broken Spoke Brewery" is not centered with each other or with the label. I do like that font.

As for removing the labels I found letting them soak in warm soapy water for an hour or so allows the label to peel off and scrum the bottle with a scotchbrite pad to clean the remaining adhesive off.

Gjork

gjork said:
I would bend the "Est. on" and the "Brewed on" text with the curve of the lines.
Your "Broken Spoke Brewery" is not centered with each other or with the label. I do like that font.

As for removing the labels I found letting them soak in warm soapy water for an hour or so allows the label to peel off and scrum the bottle with a scotchbrite pad to clean the remaining adhesive off.

Gjork
I couldn't figure out how to do that in Scribus.

Back