Keezer: I guess it's my turn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been using my keezer for over 5 years now, so I thought I would update. Photo bucket wants me to pay for third party hosting, so the pictures don't show up in the thread. I'll have to post them from my computer. I can't go back and edit my posts to add them, so I'll put them here (if anybody cares to look. Ha!)

I bought stainless plated Perlick taps instead of the solid stainless taps and saved a good bit of $$. After 5 years if use there is no sign of any failure in the plating. I'm glad I saved the money.

I switched to polyethylene beer line. It wasn't too hard to install and definitely worth it. There is no vinyl taste if I don't pour a beer for a while.

Attaching the plywood to the skin of the freezer has caused no problem

If I had it to do over again, I would use and STC 1000 for temp control. They are cheap, easy to wire and the display would have looked cool. Ha!

keezdone.jpg

keeztaphandle.jpg

Another thing to add to the update:

I spent a lot of time putting hinges on the collar as well as the lid. I thought if I could open the collar it would make it easier to move kegs in and out. It was a waste of my time. I never open the collar. I always open the lid when I move kegs in and out. If I had known, I could have saved the headache of drilling (and re-drilling) trying to get everything to line up

Back