Cheap CO2 in Iowa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to Matheson Linweld to fill my new tank last time. This time they wanted me to exchange for another tank or leave mine over the weekend. I didn't really want to exchange my brand new tank. instead I went to Getz fire supply company on Park Ave. Filled the tank no probalem. I think it was $12 (5 lbs)

I went to Matheson Linweld to fill my new tank last time. This time they wanted me to exchange for another tank or leave mine over the weekend. I didn't really want to exchange my brand new tank. instead I went to Getz fire supply company on Park Ave. Filled the tank no probalem. I think it was $12 (5 lbs)

I have used those guy too, back when it was the dive shop and right after it changed hands. They charges me about the same.

Good to know that Getz took the business over..............that way I have somewhere close and cheap to fill up.

New update on an old thread:
Cedar Rapids, I checked at Airgas, another welding place, and Hawkeye Fire. Best price in every aspect (tank, fill) was Hawkeye Fire, with a 10lb. tank for $85 including the first fill. Just a fill was about $20.
For Oxygen, Airgas was the best price.

I prefer Airgas of HF for the simple fact that airgas I am in/out in no time flat. HF wants to refill mine and it takes them forever.

Latest posts

Back