Obama is a homebrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasper9

Reaction score
So either no one has posted about this yet or the search cache isn't updated very fast... Have you all seen Obama had a batch of homebrew made for his superbowl party? He bought the gear out of his own pocket too.

Looks like the blog my buddy found that first linked to went private after this floated around, this is the only mention i see of it now:

http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read/3479302

No need to spout any politics here, keep it to beer ;)

I did see that in a huffington post article...

I just wonder who the lucky brewer was. That would be cool to brew for a President!

surprised the maker of the equipment isn't bragging about it yet! Blichmann i'm looking at you.

http://www.politico.com/click/stories/1102/homemade_honey_ale_at_the_w_h_.html

"The beer (called White House Honey Ale) was brewed with one pound of honey from the White House bee hive"

I'm wondering how big of a batch we're talking about, 200 guests and you brew like a 5 gal batch? If it's 10gal, should it even be called a honey ale?

Very cool to see a homebrew at the WH, how big of a brew set up would you have in the west wing?

I've contacted the White House through their website, Facebook and Twitter. I hope to get a response. Just for fun, I may look into filing a FOIA request too.

OK, well at least the label clears one thing up for me... I was wondering whether it was actually "'White House Honey' Ale", named after the first lady...

;-)

I agree that a FOIA request is in order. :-D

I don't care who you are, that is pretty awesome. Although there will always be that 30%. You know who they are.

Politics aside that is very cool. I would like to see the recipe when they release it.

I like that they have a bee hive too. Very cool!

i wonder how many people kept the bottles without opening them? pretty cool keepsake.

It would be much more cool if he did it not have the chef do it for him.

I am not a fan of the guys politics, but I think this is awesome. I would totally brew a "Presidential Beer" recipe. We should swamp the White House with requests to publicize the recipe!

I think Carter just passed the law making it legal to brew beer at home.

NRS

I am not a fan of the guys politics, but I think this is awesome. I would totally brew a "Presidential Beer" recipe. We should swamp the White House with requests to publicize the recipe!

If someone in the White house kitchen sent out an email with the recipe, you very well could FOIA for it. But I would imagine by the time they filled the request, the "official recipe" would already be released. Would be interesting to see notes and changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back