Going to be in DC... food/beer suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r2eng

Reaction score
I am going to be in Washington DC from May 30 - June 3rd.

Would love to meet-up or get any good food and tap suggestions. I will staying at the Embassy Suites by the Walter Washington Convention Center.

TIA!

Definately try RFD's downtown. Never been there personally but Ive heard lots of good things and they have something like 100 beers on tap so you can prob find something you like. Also, for a real treat and if you rent a car, take a road trip 1 hour north to Frederick where the Flying Dog brewery is. On Saturdays they give tours for $5 and you get 6 beers included. They have 12 beers on tap regularly and quite delish!

If you're by the convention center neighborhood (Chinatown/Penn Quarter) you may want to hit Brasserie Beck. They have a huge selection of Belgians that aren't available elsewhere. RFD and Brickskeller (same owners) have a very large selection but you'll be able to find those beers elsewhere.

There's this as well: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f28/pub-recommendations-d-c-85040/ with lots of locals making reccomendations.

Depending on when you're in town there may also be a DC Homebrewers - For Homebrewers and Beer Lovers in Washington DC. Homebrewing, beer recipes, home brew, home brewing, events. meeting.

Thanks! I checked out the places online, and they look great!

Maybe I can write-off the Belgian beers as a corporate expense... education expense! I don't have much experience with Belgians: Although sours are NOT my thang.

Not too far away is DogfishHead in Gaithersburg. It is probably a 35 min drive which is a short commute in this area. Worth the drive if you don't get thier beers where you live. If you are not familiar, they have a great lineup, usually a bit high in the alc%. Also some unusuall entries. They post thier current selection on the website. Not a trip I would want to drive home from though, as you will be hard pressed to pass up so many great beers. At least check out the current selections before you decide to pass this one up. You can also usually count on a few bottled surprises in thier refridge.
jason

Go to District Chophouse Brewery, downtown. It's a good steak restaurant, with very good brews. DONT miss the bourbon stout!!!

Back