Rite of passage!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheapo

Reaction score
Popped my first homebrew today! Damn was it ever good. It was the first batch I made and had that cheap yeast smell, but when I popped it there was no trace of that smell left. It was pretty undercarbed, after only a week of course, but wow it was WAY better than commercial. No reeky aftertaste and very nice feeling knowing I made it with my own hands! Great experience :ban:

Congrats!! Enjoy! Incredible how your work and those ingredient made some awesome beer, huh? As hard as it seems, give another week or two. I am new to this as well and noticed the beer is delicious at week 1-2, bragging rights at 3-4.

Enjoy! This hobby surely pays off with great reward.

Bottling my first batch in about 4 days. Hope my results go good as well. :) congrats on your first batch!

Hey there! Fellow brewer from Surrey, BC here! I'm on my fourth batch now and I can say that it only gets better every time! :)

Where do you get your supplies from? I've been going to Dan's downtown.

I definitely think all of us vividly remember that first "ssshhhhh" when popping the cap off that first bottle of homebrew! And then to taste it and realize it's really, REALLY, R-E-A-L-L-Y good! As Feldmann said...it only gets better every time!

glenn514:mug:

I definitely think all of us vividly remember that first "ssshhhhh" when popping the cap off that first bottle of homebrew! And then to taste it and realize it's really, REALLY, R-E-A-L-L-Y good! As Feldmann said...it only gets better every time!

glenn514:mug:

Definitely! Love that first friend you give a bottle to that gives you the "DAMN that was good!" too.....awesome!:rockin:

Yeah,I remember cracking my first bottle at three weeks with my wife. Were amazed at how good it turned out. Not to mention better flavor & the fact that I made it. Over Thanksgiving,we cracked open my 1st partial mash pale ale. Same feeling all over again! :tank:

It's a great feeling, isn't it? Congratulations on your new brew!

I loved hearing the sound and seeing the vapour swirling round the neck of the bottle. And the aroma... mmmmm!

My wife and my friends all agree that my inaugural brew was better than most commercial brews. That was a mere four weeks ago :)

Such a good feeling, and I knew I wanted that feeling when I took this all on. I found a new love, and I'd love to build my own craft brewery one day

Just popped it and its carbed more. Its a longer lasting carbonation but not as bubbly as I'd expect.

Its almost got a woody, molasses-y taste...could this have come from over cooking the lme and bottling with brown sugar?

The best part is that they seem to only get better too. We brewed about 25 batches in 2012 and it seems like they just get better and better with every batch. Good job and keep the pipeline going!

Back