Grilled Octopus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other than flavour, does the olive oil do anything differently than the sesame oil?
Regards, GF.

It helps you get your chi straight.

One of the first things I learned about cooking is that things need to be geographically combined. For example, you don't put turmeric on rabbit because turmeric doesn't grow where rabbit lives.

Squid thrives the most in the areas where olive and lemon trees grow. Therefore, you use olive and lemon when cooking squid. You use thyme and rosemary when cooking rabbit, etc.

I used to jig for squid in Puget Sound but I don't remember many olive or lemon trees in the area. I agree that those are pretty good ingredients on many types of seafood. In Washington, I tended to use salt, pepper and whatever vegetable based oil I had on hand.

That reminds me, I sure miss Geoduck Clams!

But I like to experiement with tastes, textures and combinations. To paraphrase Andrew Zimmern, "If it looks good, eat it".

It's Friday morning now and last night I put 6 baby octopus marinating in olive oil, lemon juice, crushed garlic and oregano. I'll be grilling those this evening drinking some very lemony skeeter pee. Should be a perfect combination.

Back