Education Classes BrewMaster WH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi
I posted this on a few other sites.

If any of the readers are close to ATL GA these classes may be a good learing experience.

I signed up for the educational class at BREWMASTER WAREHOUSE in Atl GA.
Brew to Style- Grain Class, First of 4.

www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/product/010...e-series-grain-class

The next classes are YEAST, HOPS and a last class to bring it all together. Each class is 2 hrs plus.

Looking forward to this training education.

Since I am moving on to extract kits and DIY extract/steep brewing, I hope these formal classes will give me the knowledge
needed to become a better brewer (master)

I am not associated with BM WH, other than a student

r

I should have posted a comment about this class.
It was great. Learned about grains. The different grains base and steeping. tasted raw grains then tasted grain 'tea' . Six grains to try had to match the 'tea' with the raw grain using the information gained from the lecture.
Since I have been reading quite a bit before I attended the class, I was not a 'green' as I thought. Hit 4 out of 6.

Class was 2 hrs but after class we had free question time with the store staff as well as among our little group of 7.

The class was worth the $25 cost.
I bought a load of hops,yeast and DME.

This shop is quite large. They tend to encourage AG, however not one person trashed talked all extract brewing or MRB. They spent as much time with me and my questions as they did with AG folks.
They make recipes from their site or you build your own. They will split a 5 gal recipe in half so I can make 2 2.5 gal MRB keg batches.

If you live close to Atl Ga it would be worth the trip. If not go to their site.
They will offer a class on hops, yeast and a final to 'put it all together'. I plan on attending.

AND you get to sample 3 different recipes. Good Beer.
R

Sounds a bit like what Deschutes used to do with their Deschutes Brewery University before they added more people, made it less geeky, and more about food pairing. Malt, yeast, and hops were the three best classes they gave, but most were fun because they also served a lot of sample beers that coincided with the class theme. Looking forward to my LHBS doing something similar.

You're link is just giving me Not Found, but sounds like fun from your writeup.

Back