best way to die.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna live to be 300. Seriously. Here's why:

• All deaths are caused by lack of oxygen to the brain. But, it's very rare that the source of the brain's demise is inside the head. It's usually something starting below the neck.
  • The body, below the neck, is a life support system for the brain. So when one of the myriad things happen to the body (i.e., heart attack), the brain's support is cut off. The brain dies, and you are dead. So....
  • I'll build a box, on top of which will just be my head. Get rid of that troublesome body.
  • The box will contain a pump and a semi-permeable membrane through which essential elements and gasses can be passed to my blood while it is pumped to and from my head.
  • I figure my head can last at least 300 years this way. On the box.

passedpawn said:
I'm gonna live to be 300. Seriously. Here's why:

[*]All deaths are caused by lack of oxygen to the brain. But, it's very rare that the source of the brain's demise is inside the head. It's usually something starting below the neck.
[*]The body, below the neck, is a life support system for the brain. So when one of the myriad things happen to the body (i.e., heart attack), the brain's support is cut off. The brain dies, and you are dead. So....
[*]I'll build a box, on top of which will just be my head. Get rid of that troublesome body.
[*]The box will contain a pump and a semi-permeable membrane through which essential elements and gasses can be passed to my blood while it is pumped to and from my head.
[*]I figure my head can last at least 300 years this way. On the box.

Futurama....

Reminds me of the old twilight zone episode where slim pickens did that on a nuke into space....BUT FIRST,UGU!!!

Uh, you mean "Dr. Strangelove"?

Or, "How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb"?

slim-pickens_riding-the-bomb.jpg

Whaaat? Were these people already drunk? I dont see that happening Im calling bull****. The vat would have to be thousands and thousands of gallons (possibly millions) to flood the streets for any given amount of time. Highly unlikley.

Whaaat? Were these people already drunk? I dont see that happening Im calling bull****. The vat would have to be thousands and thousands of gallons (possibly millions) to flood the streets for any given amount of time. Highly unlikley.

You need to read the whole thread. It DID happen. The Tanks held a total of 388000 US gallons.

I really don't care how I go. I just don't want to keep hanging on by a thread having my meals fed to me through a straw and wondering where my family is. When my quality of life goes, I want to go.

I just don't want to keep hanging on by a thread having my meals fed to me through a straw and wondering where my family is. When my quality of life goes, I want to go.

Same here. In fact, SWMBO have it in our Will to not pursue life support options. Don't want to be a drain on the family and our daughter totally understands.

Latest posts

Back