Kal's TheElectricBrewery Panels FOR SALE

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Does it matter what amp your 240v is connected to?

Yes.

The control panel requires a 240V/60Hz 30 amp service with ground to operate, such as a standard dryer outlet found in most North American homes.

The power must be protected with a GFI either in the power cord or in the 30 amp breaker installed in the circuit breaker panel.

Kal

I'd like to add that the amps needed are not for the panel itself but for the heating elements you use. You need to supply the correct amperage for your specific system so if you are also running a large boil pot you may need to go up to 50 amps.

awesome, Kal. congrats.

If you've no desire to attack the budget system segment, maybe I will. :D

Not a bad idea Walker!

I don't know how much I have spent on my build, but it wasn't even close to $1k. If someone was selling built boxes with plain Jane options I would have jumped all over it.

Kal's panel is unreal. But my wife would never go for it :)

Best of luck Kal!

We intend to eventually offer it all, we're just starting with what makes sense now and are ramping up.

People have the most difficulties with the electrical stuff so that's where we started. For example, if someone were to get the control panel with power cord, heating elements, and temperature probes, all pre-assembled, they would then skip the assembly instructions for the following items:

- Heating Elements
- Temperature Probes
- Control Panel (Part 1)
- Control Panel (Part 2)
- Control Panel (Safe start interlock)

The rest of the built is fairly straight forward and mostly involves getting kettles, pumps, and chiller and attaching a few pieces of plumbing to each. Anyone handy with a screwdriver and wrench should feel right at home following my instructions. I do recommend you read through all the instructions first to make sure you're ok with it before you commit to it.

Kal

We intend to eventually offer it all, we're just starting with what makes sense now and are ramping up.

Kal

Don't get me wrong Kal - mine looks like a turd compared to yours :D

Yours would be worthy of hanging on the wall above the mantel. But not to use it would be blasphemy!!

Back