Apple Wine Yeast help...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reality_felix

Reaction score
Hi i'm newbies on making wine. i would like to make a batch of apple wine, but in my country i can not find any place that can buy champagne yeast. so is that possible that i using yeast that use to make glutinous rice wine to replace champagne yeast? Have any 1 try before?

Thank in advance.

If that's all you have, give it a try. My guess is that glutinous rice wine is lower in alcohol due to the yeast and your apple wine will be sweet and lower in alcohol as well. Do you have any other kind of yeast? Maybe you could try looking in Singapore.

Hi thank for the Info. glutinous rice wine yeast is the only yeast that available in Malaysia that i can find to make wine....well i think i will start a small batch and see how it taste. :)

yesterday i start a very small testing batch of apple wine. i take 1 liter of marigold apple juice, 10% of sugar and 1 piece of glutinous rice yeast. and today i found out that, the fermentation not much producing bubble and the yeast that i crush got small particle which i dono wat is it. and it expanse like spongy thing. may i know that is that normal?? and who know that that spongy thing?? is the wine still can drinkable?

You likely won't get many replies to your questions, but only because of a lack of familiarity with your ingredients and processes. I'd venture to say that there are very few people on this board who have ever even heard of glutinous rice and likely nobody at all who has any experience with glutinous rice yeast. Most of us simply don't know. Sorry we can't help.

Hi Felix-I got your address. Can you PM me a name to attach to it and I will get you some yeast in the mail one day this week.

Hi Felix-Your yeast is in the mail. I sent you some Montrachet and some Cotes de Blanc. Each packet is enough for a five gallon batch of Apfell Wine.

Enjoy!

A year ago I had just started in the wine business and didn't have a clue. Since that time I have bottled some excellent wines and made some really good beers. All of this was possible because of the generosity of HBT'rs with their help and advice.

With postage and three packs of yeast I'm out a little less than five dollars. No big deal. But its-in my mind-a great way to show my appreciation for all the good things that have come my way.

Felix-its now up to you to "pay it forward" when you run across someone your in a position to do something for.

Latest posts

Back