Drip tray size for 4 tap kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Please

Reaction score
I am putting together my Keggerator and was curious what width of drip is recommended for four taps? I don't want to have them too close together.

Usually, you install the taps first, then measure how big of a drip tray you need. The placing of the taps is the most important part. As far as spacing between them, that's your own preference. Be sure to measure well to make sure the front disc piece doesn't overlap with the one next to it.

Dunno if this will help, but these 5 taps are spaced at exactly 3 inches apart (the dead center of each was spaced at 3 inches). The drip tray is 19 inches.

I find this spacing to be about perfect, but it really depends on what appeals to you. As bsay suggests, space the faucets to your liking, then measure for the tray.

spacing.jpg

It might help to consider that you want to catch all the potential overflow of whatever you're pouring beer into (glasses, mugs, das Boot), as well as drips from the taps.

Dunno if this will help, but these 5 taps are spaced at exactly 3 inches apart (the dead center of each was spaced at 3 inches). The drip tray is 19 inches.

I find this spacing to be about perfect, but it really depends on what appeals to you. As bsay suggests, space the faucets to your liking, then measure for the tray.

spacing.jpg

Dang, if it weren't for the positioning of those faucets, I'd think I was looking at my kegger. Personally I'd make sure to put the faucets close enough to allow for that barproducts.com trip tray (19" I think). It's the cheapest going.

spacing.jpg

where did you get your driptray from,I'm lookin for one like it.

Dang, if it weren't for the positioning of those faucets, I'd think I was looking at my kegger. Personally I'd make sure to put the faucets close enough to allow for that barproducts.com trip tray (19" I think). It's the cheapest going.

Yeah, until I open it up and you see the collar on the bottom instead of the lid. :)

And that's the same barproducts.com drip tray that you have. You pointed me to it in another thread after I asked about it. Great deal.

where did you get your driptray from,I'm lookin for one like it.

As above, www.barproducts.com and search for drip tray. 19 inch stainless tray for $15. Thanks to Bobby for that one.

How did you mount that tray? It looks like a surface mount.

spacing.jpg

Under the tray are two "L" brackets. You can't see them because in that pic they're covered by the beer sign. The brackets are secured to the freezer with liquid nails. I attached the drip tray to the brackets with velcro, so I can pull it off for cleaning.

It wasn't my idea of course, I'm sure I got it from someone here. It works well though and no risk in drilling into anything.

Under the tray are two "L" brackets. You can't see them because in that pic they're covered by the beer sign. The brackets are secured to the freezer with liquid nails. I attached the drip tray to the brackets with velcro, so I can pull it off for cleaning.

It wasn't my idea of course, I'm sure I got it from someone here. It works well though and no risk in drilling into anything.

Thanks, I am ordering one today!

The barproducts.com place is out of stock, I placed the order and they emailed me to tell me they won't be getting any for 6 to 8 weeks :(

I will have to find another source.

Back