Best Place for Bulk Grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Accipiter

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post here. I've been away from brewing for a number of years, but was a hardcore all grain brewer all through the 90's. I got the itch to start up again so I've been dusting off my gear and refreshing my memory on the finer points of the art so I'm ready for an easy APA next weekend. Yesterday I went to the local shop for ingredients and was suprised at the cost of hops ($4/oz) and pale malt ($2/lb), so I was curious where you all order grain from? I see Austin Homebrew has 40# of American 2-row for $45, is this a good price? What's your favorite online store? Thanks.

Paul

Hello,

This is my first post here. I've been away from brewing for a number of years, but was a hardcore all grain brewer all through the 90's. I got the itch to start up again so I've been dusting off my gear and refreshing my memory on the finer points of the art so I'm ready for an easy APA next weekend. Yesterday I went to the local shop for ingredients and was suprised at the cost of hops ($4/oz) and pale malt ($2/lb), so I was curious where you all order grain from? I see Austin Homebrew has 40# of American 2-row for $45, is this a good price? What's your favorite online store? Thanks.

Paul

Welcome to The Hop Shortage and The Barley Shortage.

40# for $45 isn't a bad price, but what's shipping on that? I end up purchasing my base malts locally and ordering most of my hops and specialty grains to save a little cash. AHS and Northern Brewer are my goto shops.

Latest posts

Back