Iron Man movie....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that Robert Downey, Jr in the lead role? Rehab Robby? Man, I almost didn't recognize him!

Rhoobarb said:
Is that Robert Downey, Jr in the lead role? Rehab Robby? Man, I almost didn't recognize him!

Honestly, I think he's a perfect choice. Very Stark-like looks and lifestyle. I head they were considering Tom Cruise when this was just getting off the ground. Now that would have sucked!

looks good! I thought Tony Stark had a nervous system problem and he needed the suit to be normal. I like how they show him drinking in that one scene, considering he's an alcoholic (I'm talking about Tony Stark, not Downey Jr)

Dude said:
Looks cool. I'm digging the new Air Force uniform too (making its debut in this movie!). I am wearing mine today for the first time, they look sharp.

Blues or BDU's? Any pics?

Dude said:
Looks cool. I'm digging the new Air Force uniform too (making its debut in this movie!). I am wearing mine today for the first time, they look sharp.

You get a suit made of iron that has rocket boosters in it? I am so pissed my folks talked me out of joining the air force.

Flyin' Lion said:
Blues or BDU's? Any pics?

It is the replacement for the BDU, called the ABU now. It is a jungle tiger stripe pattern now.

A good example of the uniform is in the trailer for the Iron Man movie link above....I can't seem to find many pics of the AF uniform yet.

ABU%20PHOTO_full.jpeg

I can't see the trailer ATM, I'm at work. I think I have seen the new uni's though, there was some talk of changing to this style, a while back if I remember right.

I'll check out the trailer when I get home.

It's a good thing all of our boys flying those jets will be well hidden in their jungle tiger stripe pattern camo. :D

Looks like it could be pretty cool.

todd_k said:
I thought Tony Stark had a nervous system problem and he needed the suit to be normal.

Not sure about the nervous system thing, but he im pretty sure he has some kind of heart condition.

Zar said:
Looks like it could be pretty cool.

Not sure about the nervous system thing, but he im pretty sure he has some kind of heart condition.

Yep - his heart was pierced by a piece of shrapnel when he was caught in a trap. Looks like they're updating that part of the story to something more current than Vietnam.

Part of the original Iron Man suit Stark built in captivity was to keep his heart beating.

rdwj said:
Yep - his heart was pierced by a piece of shrapnel when he was caught in a trap. Looks like they're updating that part of the story to something more current than Vietnam.

Part of the original Iron Man suit Stark built in captivity was to keep his heart beating.

Thanks for clerifying :mug:

Back