Alabama Homebrewer Arrested

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's cool that he at least got a great job out of all this BS of an excuse to mess with folks. I think he shoud get help putting this to rest.

It's cool that he at least got a great job out of all this BS of an excuse to mess with folks. I think he shoud get help putting this to rest.

Great job? Maybe, but if I read the article correctly, he has a degree in law. Seems that after the investment in time and money to get that degree, he could have done better than asst. brewer somewhere. But he's clearly chasing his dreams, so good for him I guess. OT I know, but I wonder why people spend so much time getting a degree only to do something completely unrelated.

Great job? Maybe, but if I read the article correctly, he has a degree in law. Seems that after the investment in time and money to get that degree, he could have done better than asst. brewer somewhere. But he's clearly chasing his dreams, so good for him I guess. OT I know, but I wonder why people spend so much time getting a degree only to do something completely unrelated.
I was an appliance repairman for GE. They paid for me to go to school. I spent lots of their money on a degree. I would have taken a pay cut to go elsewhere and start over.

I'm getting a PhD in Neuroscience within the next year or so. I can tell you unequivocally that I will not be getting a job that utilizes the PhD in any way shape or form. The problem is the idea a career (law/medicine/research) that applies an advanced degree is often completely different than the reality. Unfortunately, most people don't make the realization until late in their schooling and finish it out anyways. Of those people that do finish, many end up getting a job that they despise so they can feel like they are making something out of all the time they invested in it. Few people are willing to walk away from it entirely and start over in their late 20s and beyond...

I suppose this is the final chapter in this saga:
http://blog.al.com/wire/2013/03/blount_county_homebewer_was_ac.html

May I say this DA and the enforcement class she works with like many before them are immoral liars, people whom value their power more than the truth.

Here's a quote from this piece of 'work' and an exert from the article:
"He wasn’t making beer. He was making whiskey and white lightning,” she said.

See update below for Miller's response.

Casey pointed out that, in addition to the alleged still, deputies seized a half dozen military-style rifles and a pistol from the residence as well. “If he were just home brewing, what would he need all those guns for?”

Of course a reader posted a link to a picture of the equipment, you know the one we all mocked because of the smug sheriff standing over his and his henchmen's handy work. Yes these liberty hating pro-statist will stop at nothing.

They seized his guns, brewing equipment (stainless steal conical, pots, etc), and even took his wife's kitchen aid mixer. Why? Simply because it's profitable to do so under asset forfeiture laws which allow such confiscation of private property which is then sold off and the profits spent without oversight on new toys for various police forces. On this note there's a Dr. in south MS who's suing for almost 55 million over his maltreatment where a similar no-good department took 50+ prime acres and bragged about turning it into their country club even having pictures of the property on the wall with parts drawn in showing where they would install a driving range, shooting range, etc. Disgusting statist, the lot of em!

Back