Need help installing false bottom Blichmann

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianmcnally2

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I got a Blichmann 15 gallon pot and stainless false bottom for christmas, luckey me. I am happy with the pot but have been unable to install the false bottom.
The directions mention a screw that needs to be loosened but do they mean a bolt? Anyone here have this set up and can guide me, I have written to Blichmann but no response so far.

thank you
http://www.rebelbrewer.com/shoppingcart/product_images/uploaded_images/FBcutaway.jpg

You dont loosen anything.

You pull out the snap in dip tube, it just pulls out.

Then you push it in about half way, so the alignment pin does not engage the hole in the weldless fitting.

Then you insert the tip in the hole in the falsie, remember to have the washer to cover the hole in the falsie up on the dip tube when you do this.

Turn the falsie so that the dip tube is vertical and push the snap in dip tube IN all the way to the fitting.

I love the snap in dip tubes! Here is mine...
P1030719.JPG

MLT_Inside_Finished.JPG

Voila!

Those are some beautiful pots!, I just went downstairs and you are right just pull it out. thank you for that.

Back