Heavy Duty Jet Burner $25

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

telemaster

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Anyone see a problem with this type of burner.... the price seems right.

METAL FUSION HEAVY DUTY JET BURNER WITH BAFFLE

Description:
  • METAL FUSION HEAVY DUTY JET
  • BURNER WITH BAFFLE
  • Stands 12 tall
  • 200,000 BTU
  • Six spoke top and flat bar
  • legs give stability
  • Use for boiling or steaming
  • large quantities of food
  • UL listed
  • Use with Ace #8007866, high
  • pressure regulator w/adaptor
  • and 3 hose
  • Boxed

Thanks!

Seems like if you know how to weld, you could whip up something like that for way cheaper than that.

I would look on Craigslist for a standard burner before I went with that. I was able to get a high pressure burner, stand, 7 gallon pot with lid and half full propane tank for $30.

For some reason that burner looks like it would just gobble up the propane. For that price you can find multiple tip jet burners that others have used with much success.

Like this:
JET BURNER, CASTIRON, 9" L.P. (CHINA) : Restaurant Equipment and Supplies - Restaurant equipment, Restaurant Supplies, Foodservice Supplies

They've got many other sizes, just do a search for burner on their site.

Plus if it's too much heat you can remove some of the tips and replace them with bolts. BobbyM has a thread that shows how he did it and what he used.

I have one very similar if not the same.. I bought it from Academy for more than the listed price you have found.. I was using one of the bayou burners which was a hunk of crap and pooped out on me.. I had to take it back and return it so I decieded to get the jet burner..

As others have mentioned it might use a bit of propane BUT it really gets the boil going fast and can cut down on the length of your brewday which I find worth it.. Also, they are very simple with little to go wrong or break. However, If you are using a keggle the outer rim will just barely fit on the stand.. Dont get me wrong...It fits and is very sturdy but you have to make sure you place the kettle just right or it could tip over with hot boiling water...ouch..

Good luck.. I dont regret my purchase and for the price it is hard to beat.

One more bit on the burners that I linked above.

If I remember correctly some have said that gas can leak from the threads in the main burner body, it's a simple fix with some thread seal. Just thought I'd add that in case you get these and have a similar problem. Wouldn't want you cursing a Masshole over a leaky burner :D

Look up burners at www.Agri-Supply.com several to choose from but the one I use on the systems I build are
the one for 7.99 plus shipping

CB135 HIGH-PRESSURE CAST IRON BURNER 170,000 BTU #30295
Item#DescriptionQty:1+Order 30295CB135 HIGH-PRESSURE CAST IRON BURNER 170,000 BTU Each

$7.99

Hope this helps

Dominus Vobiscum

Swagman:cool:

Back