How many gallons of homebrew in 2010?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6 gallons coffee dry stout
5 snpa clone
6 gallons jalapeno smoked porter
5 gallons pumpkin dunkel
7 gallons watermelon wheat
6 gallons amarillo pale ale
4.5 belgian strong
5 belgian pale

44.5 total
some one else add for me i cant keep up

Things got a bit messed up the past 20 or so posts so I will try to clean it up a bit.

post # 2839 got us up to 41,020.5

since then we had another 378.5 total, bringing the corrected total to 41,399

add the 5 galons I made on new years eve, and the new total is 41,404

(Soperbrew, I did not include your 200g in this total as I did not go back and see if anybody else had previously added it in. In the future, adding it yourself is the best way to make sure it gets counted.)

41508 plus
10 wit + 10 IPA + 10 brown ale + 10 English mild + 10 ordinary bitter + 10 best bitter + 10 APA equals... 41578

Umm, I forgot to add this before the new year-

We did 5G of Belgian Dubbel in a whiteout blizzard. Cold as **** but it's fermenting now!

41578+5=

I just counted up all I have recorded. 405.5 gallons total are accounted for. I know there were a few batches I brewed off the top of my head with no record. I drank about 100 of it.

41703+410=42114

Uhm i dont thing its wise to mention you brewed that much fwiw..
dont want the beer police to come to you..
iirc 200gal is the fed limit right?
I just counted up all I have recorded. 405.5 gallons total are accounted for. I know there were a few batches I brewed off the top of my head with no record. I drank about 100 of it.

41703+410=42114

Didn't record this because of the addition mixups a few pages back, but I brewed 5 gallons of MWS Amarillo Ale on 12/29.

42114 + 5 = 42119

My grand total for the year was 37.5. A good year for me since it was all done in the last 5 months! :D

I dont need to prove anything... Your the one posting this not me. I only brewed 30 gallons last year but i also just started in sept/oct.. It may be impossible to enforce but i would think its not the best idea to say you brewed double the legal amount on some forum fwiw... but then again go for it!
Personally i think its a freaking stupid law and yea most likely impossible to enforce but why give anyone a chance?
Prove it. Without the actual evidence it will be extremely difficult. Even with that much on hand I could have had it from years past. The law is impossible to enforce.

I didn't keep track last year. It was the first year. But I guesstimate at around 30-35. Got a Mr. Beer kit for christmas and more buckets, so planning on doubling that this year.

Prove it. Without the actual evidence it will be extremely difficult. Even with that much on hand I could have had it from years past. The law is impossible to enforce.

Isn't there a forum rule at HBT against posting about your illegal activities? Brewing over the limit, distilling, etc..? I mean, hey, 400+ gal is something to be proud of, but I'd keep that to yourself just to be safe.

TB

Isn't there a forum rule at HBT against posting about your illegal activities? Brewing over the limit, distilling, etc..? I mean, hey, 400+ gal is something to be proud of, but I'd keep that to yourself just to be safe.

TB

Unless he just hasn't mentioned his two roommate assistant brewers! :)

Side question: I know the laws vary by state/country, but in the USA, isn't the standard limit 200 gallons per of age adult per year? Or is the household limit 200 gallons?

If there were 3 adults over 21 living under the same roof, could they legally brew 600 gallons per calendar year?

Side question: I know the laws vary by state/country, but in the USA, isn't the standard limit 200 gallons per of age adult per year? Or is the household limit 200 gallons?

If there were 3 adults over 21 living under the same roof, could they legally brew 600 gallons per calendar year?

I believe the limit is actually 100gal per adult, with a maximum of 200gal per household.

~55 gallons and 11 batches in 2010 for me.... which is the same volume I brewed last year with one less batch.

Good times!

ETA: 42119 + 55 = 42174

I believe the limit is actually 100gal per adult, with a maximum of 200gal per household.

He's correct. 100 gal per year for one adult in the household, 200 gal for 2 or more adults in the household. Some states restrict your production even further. However, as was stated previously, this is almost impossible to enforce, but I wouldn't parade my law breaking brewing capacity on the internet.

He's correct. 100 gal per year for one adult in the household, 200 gal for 2 or more adults in the household. Some states restrict your production even further. However, as was stated previously, this is almost impossible to enforce, but I wouldn't parade my law breaking brewing capacity on the internet.

Complete bulls#!t if you ask me. I'm not worried about it.

However, I haven't brewed more than 200 yet in any year (But who knows)

Complete bulls#!t if you ask me. I'm not worried about it.

However, I haven't brewed more than 200 yet in any year (But who knows)

That's fine, and you probably don't have to worry about it, but just don't brag about it on the internet and you'll have even less to worry about -especially if it breaks forum rules. That's all I'm saying.

Here is a thread with some juicy debate about this. It starts with a homebrewer who was arrested after posting on the internet...

TB

TB

You are assuming that Conroe lives in the United States. I only see that he lives in beer hell. Personally, I only believe in beer heaven.

Back