How many gallons of cider in 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phug

Reaction score
Just in time for the new year. Graff has it's own thread, edwort's apfelwein has it's. Let's do one for cider. I think the trick here is that it's not wine and it's not beer.

I'm going based on pitch date and not bottling date, but that's just me.

Im hoping to step it up a notch this year.
Last year I pitched 80 gallons.
This year is would like to ferment in a 275 gallon tote as well as several smaller batches. So I'd be happy with 400 gallons.

200 gal is the legal limit in the US w/o license/permit, etc., so I am shooting for that.:mug:

I've got 30gal going now... May do another 15 while temps are cold. Not sure how I'll store it all but I want enough to last all year.

5 gal. Started in Jan 2015

Musselmans Apple juice plus sliced peaches with Brewers Best Cider House Select yeast.

The previous 5 gal. missed New Years by a few days.

I started brewing in September and I have made about 25 Gallons so far. I keep buying the Musslemans Cider from Walmart.com it isn't as good the fresh stuff, but this time of the year in WI we just can't get out hands on the fresh stuff.

Somewhere between one and two gallons at an unseasonable time of year.

I had some windfalls in plastic bags sitting around in January so crushed them in a bucket with a willow branch, macerated them over night, then pressed the pulp next day.

I fermented in primary for two weeks then racked to gallon glass jugs.

One jug got filled to the neck, the other only filled about half way. I put sloes into the other one until the levels reached the top.

+1Gal? = 106

Somewhere between one and two gallons at an unseasonable time of year.

I had some windfalls in plastic bags sitting around in January so crushed them in a bucket with a willow branch, macerated them over night, then pressed the pulp next day.

I fermented in primary for two weeks then racked to gallon glass jugs.

One jug got filled to the neck, the other only filled about half way. I put sloes into the other one until the levels reached the top.

6 gallons with tree top 3 apple blend, dark brown sugar and clover honey with k1v-1116
Put together on St. patty's Day. 158+6=164

Latest posts

Back