6 pack carrier.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cknittle

Reaction score
Here's my attempt at a wooden 6 pack carrier. I made a few of these for my groomsmen ( I recently got engaged). They are made mainly out of 1x6 poplar (cheap), With poplar slats, and thick twine (or thin rope). Tried to go with a natural look, used a chestnut stain. All put together with nails and wood glue.

image-1831746338.jpg

Did you make real eyes in the rope? That's very nice work!

That would be excellent to carry in a six-er to a local HBC.

Yeah, part of the gift for my groomsmen is that if they bring back the empties ill replace them with some fresh hombrews.

And for the rope, I threaded through the wood to make a handle then looped it back to itself, cut up a copper colored clothes hangar into small prices to make a clasp or clamp to attach the rope together.

OIC. Well that's an awesome, thoughtful gift. Much better than all of the crap I've been given as a groomsman over the years. :)

Those are awesome. How tight are the bottles in there? You've got me inspired to do something similar, though I'd probably want to put in divider slats so the bottles don't rattle around during transport.

They are pretty loose inside, kinda rattle. If I had more time, or on the next go round I'd definitely put dividers in.

So, because I don't have enough homebrew to fill these before giving them out tonight, I picked a nice selection of brews to go with them.

1 each of-
Big sky brewing- trout slayer wheat
Bear republic- racer 5 IPA
Rogue- Hazlenut brown nectar
Deschutes- black butte porter
Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier
Lagunitas- lil sumptin sumptin

Very nice! Those beers look like February's Microbrewed Beer of the Month Club if I am not mistaken.

Something I threw together last night ---- Took the sizes off of a Sam Adams 6 pack holder

Cedar sides left over from my dispenser --- sides and bottom from a pallet --- used a brad gun to secure......

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

Back