Crop of cornies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjw1574

Reaction score
I recently moved back to my small hometown and at the local restaurant found a stockpile of cornies. Mostly coke kegs. I am going to make an offer for them, any suggestions on price or anything to look for to see if they can or will be able to be used? About 25 of them total.

Offer them $10 a pop, I mean... they'll have to be reconditioned after all ;)
Should work for a base line negotiation point anyway.

As long as they're not rusty, they can be used. I'd have a conversation with a manager/owner. There's a possibility that they've been sitting there for a decent length of time and you'd be doing them a favor by taking them off of their hands for free rather than them having to take them to the dump or scrapyard. Even if not, I'd talk to them and feel them out rather than saying, "Hey, how about $x for those kegs?"

don't let on that there is a resale value for them. Take the attitude that you're doing them a favor by getting rid of them. If they ask a price start low, $5 or $10 a keg....always room to negotiate up.

definitly start low. I had a buddy give me 8 kegs, and even then, I'm having to buy for each keg, 2 poppits, 2 post oring, 1 dip tube oring, and a lid oring. So it adds up in reconditioning costs pretty quick. I probably wouldn't pay more then $10 each, otherwise I can find one already put together for parts costs.

Latest posts

Back