Blonde Ale Bombshell Blonde Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just brewed this today.. thinking of adding some strawberries to secondary, will update...
OG 1.048
UPDATE: spent 2 weeks in primary followed by 10 days in secondary with 3lbs of local frozen/thawed strawberries. Bottled the other day and tasted very good definitely can taste the strawberries this will be a great beer for the girls who don't like the other big beers I usually do.

Kegged this up a little over two weeks ago and it is delicious. A perfect session ale to have on hand at all times
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390438510.852872.jpg

Has anyone tried this as an extract version? other than the color difference, do you think it would turn out ok?

since no one answered this i brewed it up this weekend. i bunmped the vienna malt to 1.5 like previously states and used 6.5 lbs of pale malt. beer smith said this turns out to be like 4.9 abv...

also i add only a 1/4 of my lme at the start of boil and the remainging at 5 minutes, trying to keep a lighter color on the beer.

im going to add a cold coffee to this baby on secondary.. i will keep updating on how it turns out. i guess that makes the late addition extract completly useless. lol (tip if your not adding coffee)

I brewed this per the original recipe and used 1056. Been in the bottle 3 weeks and tastes great, really like this one

Brewed a few weeks ago. Added a pound of honey at flameout. Little higher OG, finished at just under 6% abv, but overall a real good beer. Used 001 white labs yeast no starter
Going to brew again soon for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

found the following on their website
Malt: Rahr Special Pale, Wyermann Vienna
Hops: Saphir, Sterling
Yeast: California Ale
ABV: 5.25%
IBU: 20
OG: 12 P
FG: 1.5 P

I might put the malts under the smoker for a few hours first once the temp cools down. I want smoke but not roast

Its absolutely the best when you brew the same recipe eleven years later and still love it.

Salud y Prost

Back