Reading/Lancaster/Allentown area grain buy- Round 4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Tom,

Thanks again for all of your time for putting this together. I would like to have the following:

(1) GW-2ROW
(1) BZ-PILS
(1) BZ-WHT
(1) BZ MUNH
(1) TF-GPRM

Let me know what is left of the specialty grains. I might snag some of those up.

1x BD-MOPA
I'll take the 1/3 of Vienna

I'll take 1/2 of pils if it opens up.

Can't believe I've missed this till now. Thanks for the PM Tom.

Coalcracker- What type of pils did you want? I can throw it up as a partial sack and see what happens.
tom

Due to some duties I can't buy full sacks this time, but...

If there a 1/4 munich or 1/4 Vienna available let me know.

Also, I would be willing to buy 1/4 of a Pilsner from someone who could spare it

If not no big deal I will just get it from Weak Knee

I'm pretty well set for my base malts from last round, I would love to take a bunch of 1/4 sacks of specialty grains. Not sure what is left...

Thanks for doing this, Tom.

Coalcracker- I put you down for that half of BZ-PILS, let me know if thats a problem. A lot of guys want some partial sacks so if there is anyone out there on a tight budget or that just don't brew a lot to justify full sacks, now is your chance! Always looking for some new faces in these buys. Great group of guys we have going. Also, out of the 19 people involved so far, I only have phone numbers for about 5 of you. If you can help me out with that, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
Tom
. The list is on the front page, post #9 I believe. The partial sacks that are available are listed there.

Thanks for the offer to join Tom. Here's our order:

BD-MOPA x 2
CM-2ROW x 2
BD-PILS x 1
CM-WHET x 1/2
GW-C30 x 1/3 or 1/2
GW-C60 x 1/3 or 1/2
GW-C120 x 1/4

I'll take 1/4 GW-C30, 1/4 GW-C75, 1/4 GW-C120 as a standing order.

I'd also like partials of GW-VIEN, BD-CHLT, BD-BLCK if anyone wants to have a partial of those as well. (Vienna, Chocolate, Black Patent)

Tom,
Thanks for putting this together. My first bulk grain buy.

I'll take:
CM-PALE x2
BD-MOPA x1
BD-VIEN x1

Okay guys, everything is updated. I think it is all correct, but I did not get a chance to double check my work and I won't get a chance until later tonight. Risser09- are you okay with a 1/4 of C60 instead of 75? We had a partial sack going of that. If not, I'll change it. To everyone- We are nearing the end of the second pallet. Not sure if we will be able to fill a third or not, but I want to let this run atleast a week yet, depending how things are going. I will start a lower list labeled "third pallet" when we get there. Possibly Weak Knee will be interested in filling the third, I will have to talk to them.
Tom

Hey Tom, Thanks for the IM heads up. I see the first 2 pallets are already filled up, but there is talk of a third?? Wow!! If the 3rd pallet comes through I would be up for the following 3 sacks:
2 x CM-2ROW
1 x BD-MOPA

If the 3rd pallet doesn't work out, no worries I will just try to catch up with the next one. As always thanks for you work in putting this together. If I do get in on this the p/u point for me is even farther than before, is it alright with you if I p/u at your place again?

That wouldn't be a problem at all pava. I won't be bringing any grains for myself home, so I can bring back quite a few sacks for others if need be.
Tom

Great, Thanks again .... I will keep up with this thread and see how it is looking for the 3rd pallet. If need be I could probably be convinced to add another sack or 2 to my order, but at this point that obviously won't be much help, haha.

If the third pallet gets close I could throw on a couple extra sacks to fill it up.

Hey Tom, could I also pickup at your house? That would make the drive much shorter for me.

If the 3rd pallet does go through you can also mark me down for 1/4 of the following partial sacks:

GW-C15
GW-C60
GW-C120

The only issue with that is with me not being at the pickup in person there is no way for me to supply containers for the partials...I am fine with my 1/4 remaining in the sack if that is ok, or I can bring some containers when I p/u at your house Tom, if you have something to put it in til I get there. If it is too much trouble, I can forgo the partial sacks as well. Just let me know. Thanks.

people, why don't we hit the donate button where tom set this whole thing up and donate a buck or two to get him a lifetime membership for all his hard work setting these buys up and managing them.

I did.

Well I was hoping we'd get more hits to fill the third pallet, but it seems that's not happening. I want to try to get ahold of Weak Knee and see if they want to fill the third pallet. After that i will get orders confirmed and totals out to all of you. Then it's a matter of waiting for the money and getting the order. If things move smoothly (which they never do!), we're looking at around 2 weeks til we have grain in hand. I will contact WK tomorrow and see what they have to say.
Tom

Friend said he would take these sacks for the third pallet if it fills. You can add them to my order. I will also take the partials of wheat and 120 that are available. If anyone is interested in splitting some roasted barley and/or chocolate I'd be in interested in 1/3 sacks.

CM-2ROW x1, BD-MOPA x1

Where are we on this last pallet. Do we need more orders? If I read the price sheet right it is a fixed cost shipping per pallet. Even if we take the whole order with a partial and pro rate it per bag, it would not be that big of a difference per bag. Still way-way better than getting it anywhere else.
MY 2 1/2 cents
If we are stuck until we fill it I could by a couple more bags. I'll find someone to use it.

Wade, your correct. one shipping price no matter how many sacks are on it. I talked to NCM about a partial pallet one time before and they aren't thrilled with it, but they will do it. On that note, I'd like to try and get atleast half a pallet or so on the last one. We should be almost there. Unfortunately, i haven't been on here much the past couple days and I forgot my book at home. I hate to update the list without my book with me, so I will update tonight and see where we stand.
Tom

Back