A Great American Brew Day! (1 of 2)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz_Armstrong

Reaction score
Well, it's been a while since I've had a brew day here. We moved just before Christmas. We started prepping for the move well in advance and it's taken a while to get settled in... according to my log book my last brew day was 10/11/08 (BIG INTERNET SAD FACE!)

Time to play catch-up and refill my bare shelves!

Today's brew is an AHS mini-mash kit for a Texas Bock. It has very little (2.5 pounds) steeping grains so I decided to use a tiny drinking cooler as a mash tun.

Starting off nicely - welcome to South Florida!
P10100411.JPG

My Homebrewtalk.com decal on my 6gal better bottle (the primary not used today)
P1010042.JPG

Preparing the operator! That thing at my feet is half weinerdog, half manatee!
P1010047.JPG

While I check the temp on my micro-mash tun, Sully guards the brewpot. Good boy, Sully!
P10100491.JPG

Well, it's been a while since I've had a brew day here. We moved just before Christmas. We started prepping for the move well in advance and it's taken a while to get settled in... according to my log book my last brew day was 10/11/08 (BIG INTERNET SAD FACE!)

Time to play catch-up and refill my bare shelves!

Today's brew is an AHS mini-mash kit for a Texas Bock. It has very little (2.5 pounds) steeping grains so I decided to use a tiny drinking cooler as a mash tun.

Starting off nicely - welcome to South Florida!
P10100411.JPG

My Homebrewtalk.com decal on my 6gal better bottle (the primary not used today)
P1010042.JPG

Preparing the operator! That thing at my feet is half weinerdog, half manatee!
P1010047.JPG

While I check the temp on my micro-mash tun, Sully guards the brewpot. Good boy, Sully!
P10100491.JPG

That thing IS the biggest "dackel" dog i've ever seen. What the heck do you feed'em?

Looks like you had fun.

Back