Look out, Miller Lite is now triple hopped.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw that ad for the first time while sipping a Victory HopDevil having just finished a Troegs Nugget Nector at a local good beer bar....

'bout fell of my stool laughing...

:)

Wow, that is probably my all time most hated beer. I'll drink just about anything over a miller lite.

Agreed. If I'm drinking cheap beer (which I do on occasion), Miller Lite is my last choice. I'd rather drink luke-warm Busch Lite than Miller Lite.

Does their commercial mean they add one hop pellet at three different times? I don't think I've never tasted in any hop flavor in Miller Lite.

this 3X hop message is a joke. They might have to pull a tropicana and stop this campaign immediately. it is really bad.

Yeah that discussion was so last week

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f5/look-out-miller-lite-now-triple-hopped-105480/ :D

But yeah, I actually finally heard the commercials this week for the first time...so basically they do what the majority of non light lager brewers do (including we homebrewers), and actually add a flavor and aroma additions to their boil...

But no matter how many hop additions you do...a low IBU beer, is still a low ibu beer....:D

Not only do I not watch enough TV to keep up with commercials, I also don't know what the hell happened on homebrewtalk.com last week!!!!

I'm so bush league. I mean busch league, hand me a beer!!! yeehaw baby.

It reminds me of my buddy who always says that everything's been done and there's really no original thoughts left in the world. Back to my hole I go, I go.

I have a feeling Bush beer is one of those single hopped beers....Have one of these girlies fetch you one of them there 3 hop beers...

miller-lite.jpg

I suddenly feel thread merged by an anonymous mod....I kinda wish they'd make mod comment "thread merged" when they do it...I get kinda nauseous when they do it and not mark it as merged....One minute I'm in one place, and the next I have a new name....

How the hell did this thread get linked to the other thread? That's some freaky cool schtuff. I guess that technology is so last week also. I'm suddenly having flashbacks to when I did acid 15 years ago.

How the hell did this thread get linked to the other thread? That's some freaky cool schtuff. I guess that technology is so last week also. I'm suddenly having flashbacks to when I did acid 15 years ago.

Heard acid is good - keeps you from rusting.

Triple hopped ???

Ha !!!

I guess instead of just waving hops over the kettle, they actually let some hop dust fall into the wort.

F*#@ng garbarge beer.

Last outing, BMC lite fizzwater only thing to drink...........didn't drink.

OMG, they're continuing this charade with a new commercial. They say "triple hopped" about 6 times in 30 seconds. Apparently one addition is for flavor and aroma and one helps that thick, creamy head.

This makes me want to kick something.

OMG, they're continuing this charade with a new commercial. They say "triple hopped" about 6 times in 30 seconds. Apparently one addition is for flavor and aroma and one helps that thick, creamy head.

I saw that at work yesterday. Also said something about it "locking in freshness" or something. My coworkers said "triple hopped?" to which I replied "BULL****" from the other room. :D

Goes right up there with "cold brewed" and "the difference is drinkability". :rolleyes:

BUT a corolary to this hate on, is that when someone brings this up, and seems impressed with the idea of triple hops, you can explain that it's really no big deal, and then you can talk bought Dogfishhead's 60 and 120's ipas, you can also talk about what IBU's are (Miller Lite is still in the 8-12 ibu range)....It can also be an opportunity for a "teaching moment" to edumacate some people...so it ain't all bad. I never turn down an opportunity to teach someone about our cool hobby, and better beer in general.

Has anyone else seen this commercial yet? I saw it last night and it gave me a good laugh. Miller Lite is now touting that they add hops 3 times during the brewing process instead of adding them all at once like others.

The last time I had a Miller Lite I certainly don't remember any hop flavor or aroma, so maybe they add 1 oz/bbl at 60, 59 and 58 minutes. :D

I did a quick search but I can't find it anywhere to link here.

Yea, "do you even think about the fact that it is triple -hopped" when you are drinking that fine brew. LOL!

The answer is a resounding "NO!!!" I don't think about that fact because you can't taste it.

With 78% of the beer consumed in Texas being Bud lite, Miller Lite, and Coors Lite, I don't think they are worried about the micro brews. They just have so much money they need to spend some on advertising.

I wonder if the money they spend on all that advertising went into buying actual hops if they wouldn't actually produce a semi-decent beer...

With 78% of the beer consumed in Texas being Bud lite, Miller Lite, and Coors Lite, I don't think they are worried about the micro brews. They just have so much money they need to spend some on advertising.

Too true. I love it when people think that BMC is feeling the bite of craft beers on their market share. Like a gnat on an elephant's ass maybe. The fact is that people love their BMC and while they might not die defending it, they could easily fight to defend it after they've had a few.

I still hear the ad on the radios, but what kills me know is I think Old Style, with their krauzening. Anyone heard that? It makes everything better! So I think this definitely shows that the big boys are either trying to regain market share, or just scared that eventually there will be a microbrew in every town. Wouldn't that be great? I never tried any of the new craft beers by Bud, I could never really drink bud products without getting a headache for some reason.

Has anyone seen the commercial were they show a guy poring hops into the kettle? They make it look like he is poring a 4 gallon bucket full of whole hop flowers into the kettle.

MOD EDIT: Threads merged. Again.

Gosh! What a brilliant marketing campaign! They add hops at 3 diff times during the brewing process instead of all at once to give the great pilsner taste balance and flavor!

Anyone else sick of these terrible commercials? Isnt Miller Lite just carbonated water with a few drops of sh*tty beer added to it? Geez, triple hops brewed! Sounds like something really special that probably no one else in the whole world does! I'm gonna go buy like 2 cases rite now and enjoy!

TRIPLE HOP BREWED!? That is crazy talk!

Almost as bad as those Miller Chill commercials they show during football season. I mean come on, would any self-respecting man drink that, let alone in public?

screw miller, it's all about drinkability am i rite?

I don't get it. It's like advertising a car "The new honda civic, now with WHEELS!" amazing!

This commercial is not getting to the point. All we want to know is: how COLD is Miller Lite? If it isn't the coldest beer out there, what is the point in drinking it? Once I had a Guiness "Extra Cold" in London, and that was pretty damn cold, but they didn't make it in the Mountains like Coors, so I could still taste a little warmth. Coors on the other hand, you can freaking SEE the cold, so you don't even have to have nerve endings in your hand or your tongue to tell if it is cold. This is also good for people who don't have tastebuds. The flavor is COLD, so if you can't taste it, you can feel it in your gullet, and you can just think back to how tasty snow tasted that first time you had it crammed in your face and shoved down the back of your coat.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. A beer ain't a beer unless it has triple-hopped ice floaties in it, thats what I say. It also tastes better if there is shiny cardboard and some type of aggressive football reference included in the labeling.

I've never heard of hops added for head?

If you listen to the commercial, it is all backwards.

1st addition for aroma
2nd addition for flavor/bitterness
3rd addition for head

I thought it went flavor, aroma, head? never heard of this.

Correct me if I am wrong!

The whole claim is bogus marketing crap. Like that of using spring water.

Its like whippy-woooow. You used hops???? How did you do that? Did you fire all of your financial analysts and replace them with marketing folks?

They are trying to make the ignorant sobs that drink ML a tad bit more knowledgeable about their beer.

The only conclusion I can reach is that the boys at Miller-Coors know absoultely nothing about beer.

I think your preachin to the choir with this statement ;)

Think about the genious of their marketing for a minute though. They have a sea of unneducated masses who crave alcoholic beverages. So, instead of educating them (which would turn them against thier product, for obvious reasons) they fill them full of half truths, re-directions, and outright lies. The thing is, most people are not going to question it, or take the time to find out for themselves. So, for them it might as well be gospel. I have actually heard people repeat this nonsense.

Its kind of like those emails you get that say "you can look it up on snopes.com to verify". Have you ever looked it up on snope? I always do, and 99% of them are total lies. The originators know that most will not look it up, and repeat thier lies. I recieved one a couple of weeks ago about the backwards pin thing, and have had 3 people tell me about it since.

Its the same concept, Miller-Coors is cashing in on ingorance and laziness.

As far as Miller Light, I can't stand it and never could. Even in my own BMC days, its the one that I would always turn down. It gave me a killer head ache. I would rather drink a bud light.

I think your preachin to the choir with this statement ;)

Think about the genious of their marketing for a minute though. They have a sea of unneducated masses who crave alcoholic beverages. So, instead of educating them (which would turn them against thier product, for obvious reasons) they fill them full of half truths, re-directions, and outright lies. The thing is, most people are not going to question it, or take the time to find out for themselves. So, for them it might as well be gospel. I have actually heard people repeat this nonsense.

Its kind of like those emails you get that say "you can look it up on snopes.com to verify". Have you ever looked it up on snope? I always do, and 99% of them are total lies. The originators know that most will not look it up, and repeat thier lies. I recieved one a couple of weeks ago about the backwards pin thing, and have had 3 people tell me about it since.

Its the same concept, Miller-Coors is cashing in on ingorance and laziness.

As far as Miller Light, I can't stand it and never could. Even in my own BMC days, its the one that I would always turn down. It gave me a killer head ache. I would rather drink a bud light.

I know exactly what you are talking about with those snope things, I have got three emails about how swiffer wet jet kills babies and animals. It says that snopes confirmed it, looked it up and of course it was a myth. Everytime I got that email I always replied with the link to snopes proving that it was a myth. You are right people will believe anything that is told to them, without researching it first.

just saw this commercial for the millionth time during the NCAA tourney. it cracks me up each time i see it. i like how they reiterate the triple-hopping too, "it doesn't ever cross your mind that we add hops at three different times instead of once"

no, it doesn't, shut the hell up!

I think if you want clarity from hops, you just drop a hop cone leaf---no lupulin gland---in the boil at 60. Seems like that's how they get such nice, clear pale yellow beer. ;)

Ok I see, also if Miller lite puts part of the hops in for the head, what kind of hops do you put in root beer?

I just want to vent -- I'm sitting here much of the weekend the past two weekends watching March Madness, and I swear every third commercial is a Miller Lite commercial touting their brewing prowess because they "triple hops brew" their beer. It just seems like such utter gaul to claim that they're hopping of their "true pilsener style" is so wonderful. Every time it comes on, I think my blood pressure goes up 5 or 10 points.

Of course they could mean that they put exactly 3 hop cones in their beer. This drive anyone else nuts?

I just laugh it off. Most of my beer is also triple hops brewed. It's funny because 10 years ago Miller Lite was my brand of beer and now I cannot stand the stuff.

I went to Germany to live for 3 years beginning October 1st of 2001. I came back to the US for the first time at Christmas of that same year. It was my first day back and I wanted to go to my favorite Mexican rest. for a good meal. I ordered a Lite (my standard beer before leaving to Germany) and I could not finish it. It was like water and had no flavor for me anymore. I ordered a Mountain Dew and had a nice meal. I drank some different standard beers during my two week holiday but since then, I will only drink standard US mega beer if it is all that is available and then only one or two. They make me sick to my stomach and I am depressed with each drink.

I may or may not be a beer snob but I like flavor in my beer and big brands just don't do it, even if they are triple hop brewed.

You guys that have never heard of hops being foam positive should read more. I must have read that in at least 4 different books.

You should make sure Miller is actually wrong before mocking them.

Back