Mild BMC Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodwha

Reaction score
Working on a mild BMC ale for those that didn't care for my blonde.

I'm trying to keep the IBU's between 10-15. Working with 1 oz of mild hops I figured I'd use 1/2 for bittering. Should I break the other half into flavoring and aroma or ditch the aroma? Or a 10 min addition instead? Kinda something in-between?

Does rice DME help "tame" it?

use Rice and Corn and one bittering addition is fine.

Check out this recipe

I made 150 bottles of this for my brothers wedding and it was all gone in 3 hours at the reception and everyone loved it, especially the BMC drinkers!

I haven't had good luck with the one mini mash I did, though I'll be trying again with rye.
Is there a corn extract version?
Did you do the 90 min boil?

I haven't had good luck with the one mini mash I did, though I'll be trying again with rye.
Is there a corn extract version?
Did you do the 90 min boil?

If you read the first few pages of that huge recipe thread they have converted it to extract version. Its only about 15-20% corn.

For those that really like light BMC is using rice DME almost a need? Does it help subdue the great taste of beer that they aren't used to?

For those that really like light BMC is using rice DME almost a need? Does it help subdue the great taste of beer that they aren't used to?

From my understanding of it, rice and corn help to lighten the body while contributing to both taste and alcohol production. You can make a nice BMC like ale using nothing but pale malt but it will be a bit heavier than using corn or rice adjuncts.

Latest posts

Back