Wife hid my yeast! Substitute Wyeast 3068?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gatorforty

Reaction score
Guys,

Need some advice ASAP.

I'm brewing a cascade hop pale ale...2.5Gallon batch.

5 lbs Two Row
1/4lb Honey Malt

.5 oz cascade for bittering
.5 oz at 20 mins
.5 oz at flame out
.5 oz dry hop

Question: Wife *cleaned* the counter and misplaced my Safale US-05 I was planning on using. I have two options:

1 - use an extra Wyeast 3068 weihenstephan that I have. How the heck would that end up? Advice?

2 - cool wort, and run to LHBS in the AM to get US-05 and pitch in the AM.

Only on my 4th AG batch here guys...crisis!!! What's a guy to do?

Thanks for the help.

Ron

Hahah, thanks guys. Great advice and a great laugh. This forum rules.

Found the Yeast btw, crisis averted!

Ron

+1, don't put the weizen yeast into your IPA unless you want banana/clove IPA. 3068 gives off flavors very readily and by design. Good for wheat/pilsner, not so much for IPAs.

dfc said:
:D I see we have at least one person who knows what I speak of.

For the love of all that is holy do not put those words in google with safe search turned off...

:D I agree if you have a weak stomach.

There is actually only one video I've EVER seen that traumatized me. That video was the BME pain Olympics. Honestly, my hands did not leave my junk for a good 72 hours after watching that video. That is one video I recommend NO ONE searches out. Of course I know even mentioning it piques the interest of at least a few people...

dfc said:
:D I agree if you have a weak stomach.

There is actually only one video I've EVER seen that traumatized me. That video was the BME pain Olympics. Honestly, my hands did not leave my junk for a good 72 hours after watching that video. That is one video I recommend NO ONE searches out. Of course I know even mentioning it piques the interest of at least a few people...

I thought I had buried those painful images from my mind....

Back