Got another new friend :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gremlyn

Reaction score
My wife and I decided it was high time we got our first dog, Darby, a new friend. We so looked for a few weeks and found a Border Collie from the same rescue we got Darby from. So now we have added Jack to the family!

http://picasaweb.google.com/gremlyn1/JackSFirstWeek?authkey=Gv1sRgCNziy7L-9Mab0gE#

He is a little timid still. He was an outside dog for his first few years on a ranch in Texas. The owners moved to California and could only keep 4 of their 6 dogs :( He's starting to become more accustomed to his new surroundings, but I expect it'll take him a couple of weeks to get start really coming out of his shell. He gets along very well with Darby, who just wants to play with him all the time. He's not so sure about that inside, but it starting to play more outside. Glad we could give him a home for Christmas :)

Awesome! I don't know what I'd without my two dogs Kaya and Eddie. For work today, I have to hike 8 miles round-trip to our remote backcountry lodge in the Adirondack High Peaks for routine maintenance, and of course the dogs come with me. They love the woods! Maybe there'll be enough snow to ski out and back...:rolleyes:

Border Collies need lots of exercise! But they can be great dogs and fun to play with if you train them well. I'm sure he will bond tightly with the other dog in a few weeks. I love those pics. The first dog looks so happy to have a playmate!

Congrats, but geez, what a way to take away what few shreds of dignity that an animal that licks it's own private parts has, by posting pictures of it in costume on the interwebz.

Why not just go all out and get them this...

51tZLvPbKML._SL500_AA280_.jpg

You know, if the other dogs see those pics, they are going to kick your dogs asses. ;)

Congrats!

I just adopted a second dog too.. (august 12)

A 2 year old pure bred Weimaraner rescue... She's a real sweetheart...
:mug:

awesome, those herding dogs are a blast. my wife and i have an aussie/border mix and she is a blast (but very high maintenance). have fun with em!

Border Collies need lots of exercise! But they can be great dogs and fun to play with if you train them well. I'm sure he will bond tightly with the other dog in a few weeks. I love those pics. The first dog looks so happy to have a playmate!
Our first dog is a BC/Lab mix. She is ALL BC in the energy and smarts department... That's why we got a second BC, figuring they would be able to match each other energy-wise. We go to the dog park a lot anyway :D

Congrats, but geez, what a way to take away what few shreds of dignity that an animal that licks it's own private parts has, by posting pictures of it in costume on the interwebz.
...snip...
You know, if the other dogs see those pics, they are going to kick your dogs asses. ;)
Blame the rescue, they wanted to get Christmas dog pics from all their adopters. :drunk:

Congrats!

I just adopted a second dog too.. (august 12)

A 2 year old pure bred Weimaraner rescue... She's a real sweetheart...
:mug:
My wife loves Weirmaraners, but I wanted a dog with longer fur (I'm a glutton for punishment with shedding I suppose). Great dogs though!

Back