Getting Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brackbrew

Reaction score
Since I'm a kegging newbie and only have one corny (new), in everybody's opinion, where is the best place to buy RELIABLE, WORKING, used kegs in good condition or better? I've seen a bunch of places that will only guarantee the keg will hold pressure. There's gotta be places with kegs in better condition.

Thanks in advance.

BREW ON:mug:

You know you've been brewing too long, when you can't remember when you got that good deal on four re-built kegs ... I think it was morebeer, but I don't see any on their site at this time.

The key word is re-built. This means clean with new rings, not just pressure tested.

Radarbrew said:
Check ebay. If you aren't gouged for shipping like me (my location), then they usualyy have a few used ones. :mug:

I bought used ball lock cornies on ebay in March. Eight kegs, eight 5-piece gasket sets, and shipping from coast to coast cost me $156. That's an avarage price of only $19.50 each! I had to change the gaskets myself, but it only takes about 5 minutes. Keep shopping around, you can find some really great deals on ebay.

Thanks for all your suggestions, guys. On a whim, I checked the sabco website (keggles, anyone?), and they were offering completely rebuilt, caustic washed kegs (buffed to a shine on the outside, I might add) for $31.95. Not the cheapest I could find, I'm sure, but I was impressed with my keggle and their overall quality. Northern Brewer was offering re-conditioned kegs (no new parts, pressure tested only) for $30.00. I figured $2 more for all those precautions was a steal.

I'm sure I'll be post again within the next few days when I get ready to keg for the first time!

BREW ON:mug:

Back