Looking for a tasty APA Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limited Visibility

Reaction score
I have recently just tried Mirror Pond and now I think pale ales are slowly becoming my current favorite. I would love to brew one up but I really haven't been able to find a recipe yet that I can find enough positive feedback on.

What are some pale ales that you have brewed and trusted over the years? I despise Sierra Nevada Pale Ale though, I just don't like the flavors. Thanks for any help

:mug:

From the Deschutes website - Mirror Pond PALE ALE
A classic American pale ale, Mirror Pond Pale Ale uses generous quantities of Cascade hops, offering a lush floral aroma with a balanced malt body.

Given that description, I suggest you try EdWort's Haus Pale Ale. It has received numerous rave reviews.

I just brewed it yesterday for the first time.

That is actually the recipe I think I was going to follow, although I am trying to find an extract version of that I am not to AG yet, this will be only my third brew.

:mug:

Edwort's is much lighter than Mirror Pond. A great beer, just not much like Mirror Pond. I've been looking around for a good clone of this one, even went so far as to email the brewery. I'll post it in recipes if I find anything.

I've been experimenting with the Lake Walk PA recipe and backing off on the hop bill/using Cascade. It's close but...not quite.

SWMBO begs for a Mirror Pond (as she's from Washington State). Apparently it isn't available this side of the Mississippi. Research has led me to conclude I should wait for AG for this one and hope she likes my other Pales. Seems to be a lack of consensus on this clone out there on the web.

Back