jusy saying....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a season for that? All I require is that it isn't raining. If its snowing I'm lighting the charcoal for sure...with a little gluhwein of course.

The only time I won't BBQ is when the ice is too thick to open the lid on my BGE. Only happened twice ;)

Aha, another BGE...so you understand the need to BBQ year round. I've only had it froze shut once though.

When it snows, first thing I do is shovel a path to the Grill and Smoker (it helps you have to walk past them to get to the cars from the back door). All cold weather means to me (at the moment, will hopefully be changing shortly) is that it takes alot longer to get to temp, and will be a PITA to maintain that temp. Soon, that should not be an issue.

And steak on a frying pan? No way! And I"m sure as hell not going all winter without a steak!

Steak on a frying pan can be quite good. Saute up some mushrooms and onions.

I don't smoke in the winter, but the grill gets shoveled. The worst was when the tank was buried under some HEAVY frozen snow. I had to chip it out with an heavy shovel.

Done in the snow- :rockin:

100_6712.jpg

100_6713.jpg

IrishReds3and4.jpg

As long as there isn't rain or snow I will grill or smoke.

You're missing out, there is few things better than grilling while its snowing. Of course I have the added bonus of a wife who loves the smell of some good lump charcoal smoke permeating my clothes which leads to the other thing that goes great on a nice snowy evening...giggity.

Aha, another BGE...so you understand the need to BBQ year round. I've only had it froze shut once though.

You guys should get a water proof cover. I have one for the BGE and I can just pull off the frozen cover (may need a little bit of hot water to loosen up) and nothing will stop me from cooking on the egg!

You guys should get a water proof cover. I have one for the BGE and I can just pull off the frozen cover (may need a little bit of hot water to loosen up) and nothing will stop me from cooking on the egg!

A cover of sorts might be good...with all the rain we get here it soaks right into the ceramic and takes forever to evaporate when I light it up...it really sucks when I'm trying to get the hades inferno as hot as possible, but all the evaporation is keeping the temps in the 500's.

Yeah i didnt use my charcoal all winter as I just have a little 14" grill. I fired it up the other day though, it was 35 outside, so warm enough to make pit beef. SOOOOO good.

Back