Edgestar kegerator owners - Please help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewSpook

Reaction score
I need some help. I am looking at the Edgestar KC2000SSTWIN vs, the Haier HFB05EBSS-2.

I know the Haier is reviewed as being able to hold 3 corny kegs, anyone have the Edgestar? I have a really good deal lined up on the edgestar and would save almost $200 over the Haier by going this route, but I really want the ability to have 3 kegs in it - two on tap and one ready to go or aging/lagering.

Any input would be greatly appreciated...

I have an Edgestar BR2000SS that I picked up last December. Saying that it will hold three kegs would be a stretch, but I suppose if one was very patient it could be done as shown in the photo below.

BTW, thanks for reminding me to go downstairs and get a beer!

inside_edgestar_kegerator.gif

That has 3 kegs in it?

I wonder if taking the plastic shield off of the door would allow a little more wiggle room? Reading the reviews of it it sounds like it fits a 1/2bbl keg snuggly - do you have the same issue?
Ultimately I would like 2 cornies and a 1/6bbl keg of something commercial for the BMC drinkers.

Thanks for the pic - that gives me a little bit of hope.

It will indeed fit a half barrel snugly. VERY snugly.

The pic is of two kegs sitting in there but with room enough for a third one. I usually don't do that, because I have a "beer refrigerator" outside in the garage that I use to age kegs in. I have had three in there, but it took some careful arrangement of the tubing, etc. to make it happen. Had to rearrange it a couple times the first time to close the door, but I figured it out before I finished my first brew that day.

Taking off the door's plastic shield would certainly help, but make sure you insulate it with a thin foam sheet or something similar.

Good luck!

Awesome... I really appreciate the input. We don't have enough room for an extra fridge right now, so I figure I can rig something for a primary and this should do it so a secondary in a corny for lagers.

Cheers!

I got an Edgestar last night, hoping to sometimes fit three as seen per this thread.
There is no way I can fit three ball locks in there even though it is a 5.2 [5.6?] cf machine.
The guy said it was BR2000SS but I haven't checked-- maybe it is a different model or I am just not doing it right.

I did not have the patience to try it before I bought it, because the guy kept saying how it would fit a Coors keg [hey buddy, i don't care!]

I ended up getting the Haier HFB5EBSS-2. It is awesome. The CO2 tank is inside and I can fit 2 1/6 bbl commercial kegs and a pin lock... and now they have shown up I was able to fit 2 ball locks and a pin lock as long as the one in front (the pin lock since its shorter) sits up on a block of wood to clear the front lip on the door.

Back