gas fitting size

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcalisi

Reaction score
So maybe I'm being dense but I got my reg in along with my beer/gas in quick connects. the reg has a 5/16 barbed connection but my quick connects have 1/4. I need a 3 way manifold but before I buy something I need to figure out what to do here. Should I convert the reg out to a 1/4, which makes sense to me except that I have already plumbed the line in. I also considered modifying whatever manifold I get to take 5/16 in and 1/4 out at the check valves.

By the way could I make that manifold from Lowes/HD stuff or would it be better to just get it from brew supply?

thanks for your insight.

change the fitting on the reg to 1/4. its not worth the trouble of working with things that arent all the same size.

for the manifold, what pressure will you be running to it. if its pretty low, build it yourself.

thanks I think your right. Make it right the first time... I plan on initially starting at 10 psi and go from there. My first keg setup so I really don't know a lot of trail and testing...

I have to put an order in so I might as well get the manifold from morebeer.com with the rest.

Back