What Should I put in my Randall??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael.berta

Reaction score
I have a Blichmann Hoprocket that works as a randall and an ESB on tap. I'm thinking maybe apples or cinnamon. What else in a Randall would go good with an ESB?

I think the ESB style is all about delicacy, simplicity, balance, and ease of drinking. It'd be a shame to fortify it with added flavors. Kind of like drowning a rare prime ribeye steak in a garlicky cream sauce. Just let the recipe speak for itself.

I think the ESB style is all about delicacy, simplicity, balance, and ease of drinking. It'd be a shame to fortify it with added flavors. Kind of like drowning a rare prime ribeye steak in a garlicky cream sauce. Just let the recipe speak for itself.

Respectfully disagree. For me the reason homebrewing is so fun is that you can do whatever you want! ESBs are such a classic style, it almost makes it more fun to mess with them.

Love the experimental spirit! I want to get a Hop Rocket and use it as a hop back. Have you used it that way? If so, how did the hop aroma work out?

Eyeballs?

Along with hops, I sometimes put fruit in mine and it works great!

Back