Cones

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagg

Reaction score
Well, my first year hops are forming cones, all the hard work seems to be paying off, Chinook will have the most cones, Cascades second, I hope everyone else has good luck, just wanted to share.:rockin:

Really? Wow- that seems early! I live in Portland and I have nothing but vertical growth still. Can't wait to see the fruits!

Really? Wow- that seems early! I live in Portland and I have nothing but vertical growth still. Can't wait to see the fruits!
Im in NC I lost 1 out of twelve rhizomes, thanks to a pesky rabbit, the chinook, cacsades, centennial, williamette, are forming cones, the glacier and magnum are still growing vertically.

My Cascades & Fuggles have almost hit the top of the trellis and have been making sidearms all week. I don't expect to see any cones for another 2-3 weeks. The other six are poking along. Lost a Nugget bine this week, but the other two bines are ok.

Deep watering today, because the weather guessers are saying HOT! HOT! HOT! for the next three days.

I am getting rid of my Chinook this weekend. Found out it's a boy.

I now have 5 varieties that are flowering, 2 that are runts, and the balance (5) are still reaching for the sun and putting on laterals.

only my cascade has cones forming and its looking really good. i found some that have leaves and are fully formed last night. as for the others magnum and nugget nothing yet but i am getting side arms on the nugget

Back