looking for someone to help with keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GarciasHomeBrew

Reaction score
is there any one that lives in and or near sacramento CA that can cut my keg open? And someone that can weld me a single tier AG setup?

davidgarcia, talk to BierMuncher he is the resident pro keggle cutter..

Seriously, you can cut it your damn self. Dremmel, or tin snips.. You can also use a weld less bulk head fitting for the valve.. Search its all on here..

You should just give up on your hopes of finding someone to convert it and ship it out to me in Boston... Find a local welding shop, they will probably charge you like 50 bucks to do it.

El_Borracho said:
davidgarcia, talk to BierMuncher he is the resident pro keggle cutter..

Seriously, you can cut it your damn self. Dremmel, or tin snips.. You can also use a weld less bulk head fitting for the valve.. Search its all on here..

:off:
I really want to see a video of someone cutting a keg with tin snips.

OP if you do this please video tape it and put it up on youtube as an instructiional video.

Cheers

I bet if you look for a welding shop and trade them some homebrew for the work you can get it done very easily.

WOP31 said:
:off:
I really want to see a video of someone cutting a keg with tin snips.

OP if you do this please video tape it and put it up on youtube as an instructional video.

Cheers

+1

I'd love to see that!

Really, it's not that difficult to use a grinder. There are about 5 gazillion cheap angle grinders at the depot for about $40... cutting wheels are about 2 bucks a piece. Use the rim as a guide and work your way around. It's about the cheapest you'll get away with.

:off: Speaking of a Gazillion; George Bush was reading a news story about three Brazillions killed in Iraq... In a panic he asked Cheney how many a brazillion was??? (I'm a Bush guy, but I love that joke)

Read up on Converting a Keg a bit too, Remember to relieve the pressure and remove the ball lock and spear.

Cheers

DONT GET THE DIE GRINDER! Thats what i am using to cut mine. I have a 30 gal air compressor and i only get about 2 mins of decent cutting. Three weeks later i have about 3 inches cut through.

Back