• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Holy Hops Batman

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kosmokramer

Reaction score
So during my daily Craigslist search i found an add for hops. Long story short a local brewery was sold and it will be awhile before they brew again and they were offering all of their 2010 hops. I bought the whole lot so i will be keeping a few pounds of each. Here is what i have and prices. Post here or email me because my inbox will fill fast, [email protected]. Shipping will be from 91786 so feel free to check rates. These were all kept in the freezer at the brewery and are still vacuum sealed from hopunion. The earliest i will be able to actually ship these would probably be this weekend because i need to go buy a food saver.

Czech Saaz 3%AA 12$/lb sold out
US Tettnang 5.7%AA 10$/lb 10 lbs available
CTZ 12.8%AA 9$/lb 25 lbs available
Perle 7.5%AA 11$/lb 10 lbs available
Northern Brewer 9.6%AA 11$/lb sold out

EDIT: i also have abot 25 pounds of 2008 tettnangerif anybody is interested. I dont lnow what to do with these old :ban:

Amounts update 2-15-12

no, shipping extra, i can ship however youd like but flat rate box is probably cheappest. Anybody local is more than welcome to come get them in person and share a homebrew

ctz=Columbus/Tomahawk/Zeus, i also have plain columbus

Right, those are three brand names for the same variety. That's why they call it CTZ nowadays. Well, technically Columbus and Tomahawk are the same, and Zeus is just so similar you can't tell the difference.

Anyway, good luck with the hops! If my wife wouldn't kill me I'd love to pick up some more...

Right, those are three brand names for the same variety. That's why they call it CTZ nowadays. Well, technically Columbus and Tomahawk are the same, and Zeus is just so similar you can't tell the difference.

Anyway, good luck with the hops! If my wife wouldn't kill me I'd love to pick up some more...

the solution to that is you just dont tell her! hahaha well your close enough to come get some in person if you change your mind

Hello all... im at work right now and absolutely getting flooded with email...lol i will get everybodys invoice done when i get home so i can put this all into a spreadsheet to track who want what...who has paid... and shipping info. Thank you all for the interest

Pending what's left, I'm in for 1 lb each of Tettnang, CTZ and Northern Brewer. PM me with payment details and I'll PayPal immediately.
Good on ya for jumping on a great deal and passing it along in true HBT style.

Pending what's left, I'm in for 1 lb each of Tettnang, CTZ and Northern Brewer. PM me with payment details and I'll PayPal immediately.
Good on ya for jumping on a great deal and passing it along in true HBT style.

Thanks...this is a great forum and it feels good to pass a great deal along.. i will be very busy this weekend vacuum sealing but its the least i could do fo all the help i have recieved here... im home now and will start getting this all together.

I met Sean tonight. I bought 3 lbs. He is nice guy and it was a smooth transaction. He is going to be working overtime to package all of these up!

I met Sean tonight. I bought 3 lbs. He is nice guy and it was a smooth transaction. He is going to be working overtime to package all of these up!

Thanks Sean...lol always nice to put a face to a screen name.

Sorry all for the lag time, i didnt expect it to get this crazy this fast, im a full time student and work 55 hours a week but i promise to get it all taken care of this weekend.

I totally underestimated the amount of time, energy, and material it was going to take to keep this all organized. I will invoice everybody as soon as i get the flat rate boxes because i am not sure how much i can stuff into each size.

Due to the amount of time and bags and since i will probably burn out the foodsaver this weekend i am going to edit the original post and raise the prices by one dollar a lb for any future order after this post. Sorry guys. I was trying to get these out as absoluty cheap as possible.

I think everyone appreciates the effort and the good deal. I'm in no rush, so take the time you need. I have no problem adding a couple bucks to my order for your material and time.
Thanks again!

Just FYI, you can order the priority mail boxes online for free at usps.com if your local post office doesn't have what you need. It takes around a week to get them. Also if you use their online shipping tool, click n ship, you can get free delivery confirmation on each package which will save you .70 on each postage.

Just FYI, you can order the priority mail boxes online for free at usps.com if your local post office doesn't have what you need. It takes around a week to get them. Also if you use their online shipping tool, click n ship, you can get free delivery confirmation on each package which will save you .70 on each postage.

Thank you for the heads up of the confirmation. I will definitely utilize that

In addition to ordering the Priority Mail boxes from USPS, try getting the "Priority Mail Regional Rate" boxes. They're free, just like the regular PM boxes.

They ship for cheaper than the regular PM boxes, but have a lower max weight (15 or 20#). They don't have a super small box like the PM does, but for shipments where people want a few pounds, this may be the way to go.

Also wanted to add, take your time, we all really appreciate all your efforts!

In addition to ordering the Priority Mail boxes from USPS, try getting the "Priority Mail Regional Rate" boxes. They're free, just like the regular PM boxes.

They ship for cheaper than the regular PM boxes, but have a lower max weight (15 or 20#). They don't have a super small box like the PM does, but for shipments where people want a few pounds, this may be the way to go.

Also wanted to add, take your time, we all really appreciate all your efforts!

Thanks! Ill go back and get some of those boxes because the small flate rate is super small and doesnt look like it will fit more than a pound

Alright, i went to 3 differant post offices and nobody stocks those regional rate box. The small flat rate boxes are pretty much worthless but i can fit up to 2 pounds in the flat rate envelope. The medium flat rate box can fit 7 or maybe 8 pounds. I will start sending the invoices soon based on these rates.

Again, anybody local is more than welcome to come pick up in person!

Alright, i went to 3 differant post offices and nobody stocks those regional rate box.

I'm sorry, I should've stated that. I've only been able to order them online from USPS, no PO near me stocks them either. They are free from USPS.com, however.

Back