Where's all the Centennial?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apoxbrew

Reaction score
Looking for Centennial by the pound. It seems to be out of stock just about everywhere! Is there a shortage of this variety this year or something?

lol... bastard! hehehe

ya... i checked hops direct but they're out. which sucks. they're site is kind of confusing though suggesting that they may have more of some kinds of hops in a couple weeks or something. i'm not sure. i emailed them to find out.

in the mean time, if anyone know of another site selling them by the lb, i'd love the tip! PM works to if you don't want to broadcast it. hehehe. :)

ya... they're also the most expensive place i've come across for them so far at 25.00/lb. granted, they're one of the few that has them in stock, but at that price, doesn't surprise me.

don't get me wrong, i'm sure quality and service are great from them. that's just quite a price tag.

ya... they're also the most expensive place i've come across for them so far at 25.00/lb. granted, they're one of the few that has them in stock, but at that price, doesn't surprise me.

don't get me wrong, i'm sure quality and service are great from them. that's just quite a price tag.

But if they're one of the only places that has em.... ;)

Yeah though, $25 lb is a little steep, but it seems everything is getting to be a little steep...

I made an all-centennial IPA with the pound I got from Hops Direct. Man that stuff smelled good. I dry-hopped it a few days ago, and did a gravity check today. It's so, so good.

I wish I had more centennial too.

An interesting thing I noticed: the pellets from Hops Direct don't seem as dry as in the past. These centennial pellets were more moist (not wet) than previously. I probably could have squished one of them in my fingers.

Freshops.com has whole leaf Centennial available by the ounce. $1.25\oz though. For pellets, I think the supply must be limited. Can't find em anywhere for a reasonable price!

Seven Bridges seems to have a good supply of American-grown certified organic centennials. I just got some from them last week.

Back