What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a little bit of Almanacs new Bourbon Sour Porter to celebrate the end of finals.

ForumRunner_20131213_135649.png

Also stumbled on these beauties, any takers?

ForumRunner_20131213_135716.jpg

Got my two growlers from Beer'd Brewing ready gor the ride home. One of Vegemite Sandwich for me and one of Whisker'd Wit for the wife. I will be breaking into mine very shortly.

Gabe, yes. I like to pitch starters shortly after or right at high kreusen.

Wes, I'll be brewing an all Citra DIPA tomorrow.

ForumRunner_20131213_173047.jpg

Having a little bit of Almanacs new Bourbon Sour Porter to celebrate the end of finals.

View attachment 165852

Also stumbled on these beauties, any takers?

View attachment 165853

Any Anchorage other than Galaxy there? Oh wait, I'm supposed to quit trading. I think I already warned my wife I was going to have to try for Deal with the Devil & Between the Staves though….

Gabe, yes. I like to pitch starters shortly after or right at high kreusen.

I've heard that is a better way to go than cold crashing, but I haven't tried it yet. I've wondered about the starter wort affecting the final beer.

I've heard that is a better way to go than cold crashing, but I haven't tried it yet. I've wondered about the starter wort affecting the final beer.

I've done it many times with 1L starters with no noticable flavors from the starter wort, I am personally hesitant to do that on anything with a higher ratio than 1L starter per 5gal batch though.

Any Anchorage other than Galaxy there? Oh wait, I'm supposed to quit trading. I think I already warned my wife I was going to have to try for Deal with the Devil & Between the Staves though….

Just that and some bottles of Anadromous. This shop hasn't had much Anchorage lately and the Whole Foods that has Anad recently changed liquor managers and he's taken them in a more... generic...direction

Fire in the Rye PA - apparently single-hopped with Centennial. Looking forward to doing a side by side tasting later with my own Rye PA :mug:

WesleyS said:
Starting the weekend off with this.

It's not the vanilla, but it is tasty. I'll have to try the vanilla some day.

Definitely try the vanilla! Got one from finsfan and freaking loved it!!

Just got back to our apartment after a disappointing day on the AFB. We're wrapping up the project and will be leaving next Wednesday, but there's still stuff that needs tested and bugs to work out. I'm nervous. Plus the bleeding users manual still needs written. Which blows. Monkey balls. I think I'm going to enjoy a couple fingers of Makers while my boss is out grocery shopping.

Just that and some bottles of Anadromous. This shop hasn't had much Anchorage lately and the Whole Foods that has Anad recently changed liquor managers and he's taken them in a more... generic...direction

Yeah, I think those two will be hard to find and I might not have the ammo. I think something like 150 and 250 cases.

Well, when you start off the party with meh, it can only get better. ;)
was thinking about breaking the top off my '08 BCBS. then again I do have some Merlot Pyment getting rather tasty!
Where's the party? Never mind I probably don't want to know where!

in the basement... where no one can hear you scream.

uuuhhhhmmmm.... from... uhh.. the excitement!

That's a shame. I'm glad FW finally came to Houston this year.

I take for granted that I can get FW anywhere around here... Sometimes it can be hard to find things fresh though, but even a few months old it is amazing stuff.

Drinking water tonight to hydrate for tomorrow, have a full day of drinking ahead of me tomorrow

OK serious question. A friend says he can get Goose Island Bourbon County. Lots of it. $25 per 4 pack, $135 per case and $38 growler fills. Question is, what and how much do I buy from him? HELP!!!

Ewww! Haven't had that one in at least 5 years, but last time I did it was naaaaaaasty! I hope it's gotten better and not your palate that's gotten worse. ;)

I have had very good results from it. Last time I did it the fermentation was incredibly vigorous. Clogged up my airlock a couple times bad enough I needed to clean it out.

New DIPA from Beer'd Brewing called Vegemite Sandwich. Galaxy hops are the star here with some Motueka for support. Really love southern hemisphere hops and I think I might use my 8 oz of Galaxy for my next single hop.

20131213_181800 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

jak1010 said:
OK serious question. A friend says he can get Goose Island Bourbon County. Lots of it. $25 per 4 pack, $135 per case and $38 growler fills. Question is, what and how much do I buy from him? HELP!!!

Slightly overpriced

Back